MJ earns 5% royalty on every Air Jordan shoe sold": How the Bulls legend amassed a rumored $2.1 bill

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Exactly.

5% off top because he allowed them to attach his name to a shoe he wore years ago is :banderas:

He’s taking a cut individually on that brand higher than any sole person (double entendre :wow:)

5% is absolutely amazing. Sure, if he had a contract that "expired" with them this year, no doubt he'd get more than 5%, but all he has to do is let them use his name on any of their products, and boom......5% PER fukkING SALE!!!!!!:mindblown:.

He literally has to do close to NOTHING except let Nike use his name and logo, and he's making billions.:win:.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Jordan never going broke

He can gamble forever lol

imagine knowing you have 100 mill coming to you every year for DOING nothing, breh prob doesn't even attend one meeting just give me that check jan 1st
:mjgrin:

then he gets that big ol check from the nba as well from the tv deal:mjgrin:

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
The only knock would be is he could’ve renegotiated and bargained for a little more earlier in his career because I’m sure that Nike and Phil Knight didn’t envision this.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Average Jordan shoe is about $145.

Just on shoes alone, he's getting $7.25/shoe.........insane.

i think john madden gets a nice percentage as well for every madden game sold as well
Surprised EA hasn't just dropped him yet

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
The only knock would be is he could’ve renegotiated and bargained for a little more earlier in his career because I’m sure that Nike and Phil Knight didn’t envision this.

Very doubtful, and that's because if a company is in early stages or flatlining, doing a royalty deal can stunt growth. Not to say that Nike wasn't a viable company, but 5% is a great deal for EVERYTHING with his name on it.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes?:mjtf:.

This isn't 5% of profits, it's 5% on sales, and there is a massive difference there. You're not going to find many companies offering a 5% royalty like that. And, it wasn't just for one product, he gets that on his entire brand and really doesn't have to do much at all.
I see you missed that I saying weirdos will see 5% and hate because they don't know any better.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
5% royalty on top of whatever the Nike deal is even tho that 5% seems a little low.....:patrice:

But then again it’s their factories, materials, IP, distribution, marketing, R&D and design

5% is hella generous. Ya'll act like MJ is getting $25,000 a year off this deal.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Very doubtful, and that's because if a company is in early stages or flatlining, doing a royalty deal can stunt growth. Not to say that Nike wasn't a viable company, but 5% is a great deal for EVERYTHING with his name on it.
It’s not a hill to die on but just being objective of what could’ve been.