Mobb Deep - Blood Money Appreciation thread

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
one of the worst albums I ever heard in my life.....I still dont know wtf that random ass noise is on Stole Something

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
one of the worst albums I ever heard in my life.....I still dont know wtf that random ass noise is on Stole Something
:dead: that sound..sound like a door closing in a VHS-quality movie or some shyt...i always wondered about that and that Duck sounding noise on Gang Starr's Nice Girl Wrong Place.

Back on topic tho i always liked this album save for a few tracks

This is one of my favorite Mobb songs and always loved P's verse on this

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
:dead: that sound..sound like a door closing in a VHS-quality movie or some shyt...i always wondered about that and that Duck sounding noise on Gang Starr's Nice Girl Wrong Place.

Back on topic tho i always liked this album save for a few tracks

This is one of my favorite Mobb songs and always loved P's verse on this

That Stole Somethin beat is fire tho. Lol Click Click crazy as well.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
yeah thats a hard ass song. P kills that track... "its not that I look for trouble.. but trouble always seems to find me"
Honestly goin back that shyt might end up being their best complefe album since Murda Musik. Only problem was the overall rhymes on it. And I was def hating on their G Unit affiliation around that time. Especially how P was actin like 50 was his savior. And the way they did Big Noyd.

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
The album is solid, but the OG Mobb fan criticism was legitimate. :manny:

It wasn't a vintage Mobb album. Just didn't feel like a Mobb Deep album.

50's creative influence was heavy on the album. Not a bad thing if you are Banks or Yayo or Buck or Game or a G-unit album.

But when you are the Mobb, you don't really need it. :manny: They were already established.

One of the things that made Mobb Deep so great was that they were self-contained.

They didn't need 50 and G-Unit from a creative standpoint.

Also, P wasn't his usual self lyrically.

Again, solid album. Just not the perfect match. :manny:

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Honestly goin back that shyt might end up being their best complefe album since Murda Musik. Only problem was the overall rhymes on it. And I was def hating on their G Unit affiliation around that time. Especially how P was actin like 50 was his savior. And the way they did Big Noyd.
i love their final album The Infamous Mobb Deep. i think that was a great record that a lot of people slept on. it might not have had the big songs Blood Money had but it was a dope all around record and had me hyped for a new Mobb album.

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The album is solid, but the OG Mobb fan criticism was legitimate. :manny:

It wasn't a vintage Mobb album. Just didn't feel like a Mobb Deep album.

50's creative influence was heavy on the album. Not a bad thing if you are Banks or Yayo or Buck or Game or a G-unit album.

But when you are the Mobb, you don't really need it. :manny: They were already established.

One of the things that made Mobb Deep so great was that they were self-contained.

They didn't need 50 and G-Unit from a creative standpoint.

Also, P wasn't his usual self lyrically.

Again, solid album. Just not the perfect match. :manny:
Man I remember nikkas were going crazy when Prodigy got a G-Unit tattoo :russ:

OG Mobb fans in pure disgust :hhh:

As someone who grew up on G-Unit I loved the music they were making cause I was big Prodigy fan too. Good times