Modern day uses of Magic realism in film and television

Discussion in 'The Film Room' started by Rhap.So.D, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Rhap.So.D

Rhap.So.D WoofPack Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

I'm helping a relative work on a story. It's mostly an autobiography about our family but they want to incorporate some "magic realism". I've done some research already just to get some understanding of what they want but I was just wondering has anyone in here seen any examples or have any experience with this genre. Where the writers at I need help?! :damn:

Magic realism definition
    a literary or artistic genre in which realistic narrative and naturalistic technique are combined with surreal elements of dream or fantasy.

Some examples I've stumbled across while Googling is the Invisible car and Ahmad White episodes of FXs Atlanta season 1

Carolina dapped this.
  2. Dr.Omega

Dr.Omega Word to Aunt May

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Does the magic need a scientific explanation?

Rhap.So.D dapped this.
  3. Rhap.So.D

Rhap.So.D WoofPack Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

From what I gather characters in this genre are supposed to be like :yeshrug:when out of the ordinary stuff happens. I know it's a cartoon but like how on family guy nobody needs an explanation on why Brian can talk and do human stuff even though he's a dog. Everyone is just :ld: