Molefi Asante V.S. Anne Wortham

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
I've always found this "pseudo exchange"(Wortham is talking about Asante but Asante is talking in general) interesting in that both sides are well presented with little B.S.; though I believe Anne Wortham gets a key point or two wrong concerning Molefi's work namely...​
  • She seems to think Molefi argues for the whole sale replacement of European knowledge when he is simply arguing for African peoples always start their investigation among African people.
  • She conflates the obvious fact that humans have a common set of needs(food, shelter, clothing, etc) with the varied environmental contexts that people construct a solution to those needs within. I.E. the solutions(culture) that a river people come up with will be distinct from that of a cattle herding / pastoral people in the savanna/desert yet both solutions are likely better suited to their given environments.
Anne Wortham

FULL Video:
Traditional Values in Higher Education | C-SPAN.org
(start video around 4:30)

Molefi Asante

Dr Marimba Ani

(Marimba Ani fits in rather well in this exchange ...especially on the topic of western academic cannon)

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
I caught Molefi Asante in person a few years ago at a speaking event he held. I can barely remember it but I enjoyed listening, I honestly didn't (and still) don't know much of his work but I'll check this later.

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
What kind of negro/negress would willingly associate themselves with the Heritage Foundation?

:hhh:

saturn7

Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
This bytch was against the Civil Rights Movement because she believes in the right of Individuals to be racist?

Typical rightwing talking point to defend racism, "individual rights", "States Rights".

OG Candace Owens.

saturn7

Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Conservatives groom these c00ns like her and Clarence Thomas. Talking more "we don't need government", libertarian garbage.

We don't need government to be our friend but to do for us what it has done for every other group (groups who have contributed far less to America, including YOU lazy ass white people,) and elevate us economically and to protect our rights as American Citizens.

saturn7

Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
The c00n rabbit hole goes deep. Literally promoting boot strapping. She complains that she can't get a job because of her conservative views. My question is why weren't your conservative buddies hooking you up with jobs then??

This is the c00nservative paradox. You do all their dirty work and they still leave you hanging.