Mo'Nique Goes Live on Periscope During The Breakfast Club: Calls Charlamagne aka LEONARD a puppet

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
now this here is fukking true :usure:

i just don't think it applies here though

I am not just talking about the artist...I am talking about the audience...

Black artists are devalued because the Black audience is devalued...

So when Black artists go and be like..."Hey...I am pretty good..."

White people who own the capital and infrastrature go..."Yeah, we think you are talented though...butWhite people don't fukk you and your art is really Black...andwe just don't see how you fit..."

Like I said...

The only reason why Black artists get successful is because White people fukk with them...

Like you can be on some Black and on some Childish Gambino shyt and have only White people fukk with you and then make some Black shyt and have nikkas go..."He's pretty talented..."

And your career is in solid standing..

This nikka music wasn't even all that...his comedy wasn't all that...and his acting wasn't all that but he got chances because White people fukked with him, he made some very Black shyt finally got some critical acclaim...

White media and the power structure are gonna take care of their audience and make sure that their audience gets to see their artists...and let them try different things...

You can't do the reverse..and have Black people fukk with you and be alright...if only Black people fukk with you...you strugglin...your career is on the ropes...unless some shyt changes...on some Kevin Hart, Tyler Perry shyt...

So the Black audience should support Black artists in their pursuit of access...

If unfunny ass Amy Schumer should be able to get shyt...then Monique should too...

If Chelsea Handler got shyt...Monique should too...

She shouldn't have to crossover with White people to get chances...

Last edited:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
White media and the power structure are gonna take care of their audience and make sure that their audience gets to see their artists...and let them try different things...

You can't do the reverse..and have Black people fukk you and be alright...if only Black people fukk with you...you strugglin...your career is on the ropes...unless some shyt changes...on some Kevin Hart, Tyler Perry shyt...

So the Black audience should support Black artists in their pursuit of access...

you're kind of venturing into another discussion altogether - remember monique came up in the 90's when a black singer/rapper, comedian, actor could build a career WITHOUT crossing over

ironically bokeem woodbine JUST said this on the breakfast club earlier this week (time stamped)

it wasn't until recently that black artists had to sort of cross over to eat - this is due to the internet and other factors like the 1995 telecommunications act and large companies swallowing up smaller ones etc etc...

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Disagreeing doesn't necessarily mean hate.

It is hate...

And like I said...

When other Black (male) artists has talked about ill-treatment and shyt...while being heavily compensated...

It's...

"Yeah, you see the White man do that to you. Blah blah blah blah..."

"White man lying..."

But a Black woman says something...its all...

"She's delusional..."

This is ain't Kanye West spazzing out, talking about how he needs someone to give him 50 million dollars, so he can make some clothes...

This is actual blackballing happening in real time...after someone was loved and celebrated for an entire year...

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
It is hate...

And like I said...

When other Black (male) artists has talked about ill-treatment and shyt...while being heavily compensated...

It's...

"Yeah, you see the White man do that to you. Blah blah blah blah..."

"White man lying..."

But a Black woman says something...its all...

"She's delusional..."

This is ain't Kanye West spazzing out, talking about how he needs someone to give him 50 million dollars, so he can make some clothes...

This is actual blackballing happening in real time...after someone was loved and celebrated for an entire year...

Should Black people collectively stop paying taxes to show solidarity with and support Mo'Nique? And if we don't, does that make us haters too?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
you're kind of venturing into another discussion altogether - remember monique came up in the 90's when a black singer/rapper, comedian, actor could build a career WITHOUT crossing over

ironically bokeem woodbine JUST said this on the breakfast club earlier this week (time stamped)

it wasn't until recently that black artists had to sort of cross over to eat - this is due to the internet and other factors like the 1995 telecommunications act and large companies swallowing up smaller ones etc etc...

Good point

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Whoopi Goldberg schooled her on the view :mjlol:. Told her "If you had called me during that Lee daniels/Oprah fiasco, I could have put you up on game"

Monique hit the "b-bu-bu-but what about any Schumer, Chappelle, and Rock sista?" :snoop:

Ignore advice from an EGOT winner to listen to your husband breh(ette)s :francis: