[MONTHLY UPDATE] Anyone taking Nootropics/stacks?

EARFQUAKE

šŸ„°
Supporter
Daps
Decided not to make a new thread since this topic isn't major but I wanted to give update.

A while back I was diagnosed with severe ADD. It makes sense why my method of thinking has always been inefficient and all over the place.

Anyway, because of my weight, I'm not on a high dose of adderall. A high dose could really cause issues for me despite the severity of the disorder. I'm on 20mg immediate release. The XR pills are bullshyt because you feel as though you're getting ready to feel the effects and then nothing happens.

I just take one in the morning. I get up at 0600, sometimes 0500 during schedule changes but I learned that taking it the moment I wake up doesn't necessarily benefit me. It helps with my fatigue but taking it at least two hours after I've been up works better. It's as if my brain is already warmed up.

I've only experienced a sense of euphoria once. Ironically I was explaining to a coworker how I never feel high when I take it, it's different from person to person, but that day I felt high af.

I never take more than two. Most times I only take one and if I want a higher dose I'll use a pill cutter to take one and a half. My doctor suggested one in the morning and another four hours later but my heart literally can't take it. It gives me high blood pressure.

I take omega-3 pills to mitigate that as much as possible.

Next, I've recently bought Magnesium L-Threonate in pill form to help with neuroplasticity. I took a combination of that and the addy one morning and I hadn't been doing much so I felt it was pointless. I would need to be doing something productive for it to be beneficial.

EARFQUAKE

šŸ„°
Supporter
Daps
What's some of your personal experiences with these things?

I no longer take stacks as I've gotten to the root of my memory loss over the years. I have a deviated septum and small airway in my mouth that causes my sleep apnea. I do not get enough oxygen to my brain and thus my memory has only gotten worse over the years. The only real fix for me are three different types of surgeries, two being quite common and one so serve it can take four to six months and even a year to recover.

All surgeries come with a side effect so I have battled with whether or not to get them. It would be life changing but it's uncertain if for better or worse.

The only downside to not having surgery and letting my condition fester is that I will succumb to some form of dementia in my later stages in life, same as several family mebers have already.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
I no longer take stacks as I've gotten to the root of my memory loss over the years. I have a deviated septum and small airway in my mouth that causes my sleep apnea. I do not get enough oxygen to my brain and thus my memory has only gotten worse over the years. The only real fix for me are three different types of surgeries, two being quite common and one so serve it can take four to six months and even a year to recover.

All surgeries come with a side effect so I have battled with whether or not to get them. It would be life changing but it's uncertain if for better or worse.

The only downside to not having surgery and letting my condition fester is that I will succumb to some form of dementia in my later stages in life, same as several family mebers have already.
How did you find this out?

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Damn, I experience short term memory loss pretty regularly and have been diagnosed with sleep apnea. I do have a cpap machine and that has helped, why not try that instead of surgery?

EARFQUAKE

šŸ„°
Supporter
Daps
Update.

I got a septoplasty, turbinate reduction, and adenoidectomy last week.

The adenoid removal wasn't planned, but apparently when my doctor began the operation the adenoid was abnormally large so he went ahead and cut that out.

Got my splints removed yesterday and it felt like I could breathe life. I was mentally prepared for all the nose poking until my left nostril wouldn't stop bleeding so the doc had to pack in a dissolvable gauze. Extremely uncomfortable for about five minutes. Gauze will remain for about a day or two.

The majority of the pain has been from the adenoid removal. It feels like I've been punched in the throat whenever I swallow. This has caused really bad tension pain in my neck and shoulders, back of my head, and ears. Pain killers will definitely help but since I'm back to work I try to bear with the pain. It sucks but it's manageable and overall very temporary. Highly recommend for anyone with breathing problems.

Damn, I experience short term memory loss pretty regularly and have been diagnosed with sleep apnea. I do have a cpap machine and that has helped, why not try that instead of surgery?

My cpap machine had never really helped so hopefully it'll be useful, if I even still need it after I completely recover.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I'm glad you figured out what was wrong with you. That's a wild ride though. Appreciate the update. That was educational.