Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department

First look at Kate Mara in Luke Scott's sci-fi thriller 'Morgan'

First look at Kate Mara in Luke Scott's sci-fi thriller Morgan
Ridley Scott is producing his son's directing debut

Morgan
Posted May 24 2016 — 4:54 PM EDT

Kate Mara comes face to face with the future in the upcoming sci-fi thriller Morgan, and it’s not quite human.

EW has an exclusive first look at the 20th Century Fox film, which marks the feature directing debut of Luke Scott, the veteran commercial helmer and son of acclaimed filmmaker Ridley Scott.

Based on a script by Seth W. Owen that landed on the 2014 Black List of hot unproduced screenplays, Morgan stars Mara as a corporate troubleshooter who’s sent to a remote location to evaluate an artificially created, rapidly developing lifeform. Anya Taylor-Joy, the breakout star of The Witch, plays the title character, and the cast also includes Rose Leslie, Boyd Holbrook, and Paul Giamatti.

Ridley Scott is producing alongside Michael Schaefer and Mark Huffam.

Speaking to EW about the film, Luke Scott said, “What Morgan really alludes to is human beings becoming, in a sense, the creator. Not in a traditional religious sense, but an idea that we have the capabilities to become our own creator. And what I suspect could happen — we’ve seen it in all these movies, whether it’s Frankenstein or Metropolis — it’s the creation of a being that is greater than the creator.”

He added, “That is fascinating to me, and it definitely feels like a next stage of evolution in the real world.”

grTJnPL.jpg
Al12nW9.jpg

297MODc.jpg

Morgan opens Sept. 2. Check out three exclusive images above, and stay tuned for the movie’s first teaser trailer, arriving Wednesday.

Luke Scott (director) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IU1tLuB.png

Directorial feature debut....:patrice:The cronyism bothers me, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Looks like The Lazarus Effect (2015) meets Ex Machina (2015). Maybe even a little bit of Hanna (2011) and Splice (2009) thrown in. I'm intrigued.

Anya Taylor-Joy might have next...:whoo:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

First look at Kate Mara in Luke Scott's sci-fi thriller 'Morgan'

Luke Scott (director) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IU1tLuB.png

Directorial feature debut....:patrice:The cronyism bothers me, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Looks like The Lazarus Effect (2015) meets Ex Machina (2015). Maybe even a little bit of Hanna (2011) and Splice (2009) thrown in. I'm intrigued.

Anya Taylor-Joy might have next...:whoo:

Like damn I can see all of those movies in the trailer :skip:

Cronyism? nah nepotisim... but that's what a parent is suppose to do :manny:

Alright trailer.. I'll see it when it comes out.

Anya might.. but I think she is too "strange" looking to really blow up. Thought she was cute in The Witch

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Like damn I can see all of those movies in the trailer :skip:

Cronyism? nah nepotisim... but that's what a parent is suppose to do :manny:

Alright trailer.. I'll see it when it comes out.

Anya might.. but I think she is too "strange" looking to really blow up. Thought she was cute in The Witch

Yeah it looks to be an anagram of various things (Nothing wrong with that, most movies are). I wonder what the twist will be.

In regards to Anya, she has that Bjork type of face that is hard to pin down but I think she'll make it.

Oh and thanks for that English lesson, you're right though....:russ:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Yeah it looks to be an anagram of various things (Nothing wrong with that, most movies are). I wonder what the twist will be.

In regards to Anya, she has that Bjork type of face that is hard to pin down but I think she'll make it.

Oh and thanks for that English lesson, you're right though....:russ:

No doubt about.. ain't shyt wrong with that

shyt breh I ain't even mean to give no english lesson :skip:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Oh so they put a hoody on her to signify that she is evil. These cacs man I tell you.