GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
NEW BEAT TAPE (UPDATE: RELEASED)
Some of you may already know about the beat tapes I've been putting out for the last two months, "The Next Phase::Exploration of Seasonality" and "The Next Phase:Winter Jewel Tones" which can be found in this thread,
Albums - Winter Jewel Tones (beat tape 12/31/16)

I decided to make a new one for the final installment of "The Next Phase" series, Morning Dawn.

It's going to have an old beat with a verse over it by Kool A.D., plus a guest spot from @Chip Skylark A.K.A Michael Angel Valentine.

Last year I had to switch versions of FL, which doesn't sound like a big deal, but it took me a while to adapt my style to the more ambient sound of the newer version of FL. So this trilogy was more trip-hop inspired, and this last tape gives respect to Houston's DJ Screw for his influence - not only in the slower, laid back beats, but a few days ago I started selling my tapes/CDs out of a record store in town so also in the cassette game.

@TEKBEATZ @stomachlines @Grizzly @Shadow King @DrHackenbush @R$G META @King Musa @Roxx the King @choppybeats @Wepa Man @Stealth-Hustle

Last edited:

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
I'm on 11....12 looks nice but, there's some annoying things added with it.
My biggest issue is, the time stretching on FL 10 is better than the later versions. Later versions distort if you do certain things that wouldn't have distorted on 10. Which is a problem with hip-hop production because speeding and slowing things up is an important tool.

Last edited:

Wepa Man

Ramblings of an Angry Old Man
Supporter
Daps
NEW BEAT TAPE (UPDATE: RELEASED)
Some of you may already know about the beat tapes I've been putting out for the last two months, "The Next Phase::Exploration of Seasonality" and "The Next Phase:Winter Jewel Tones" which can be found in this thread,
Albums - Winter Jewel Tones (beat tape 12/31/16)

I decided to make a new one for the final installment of "The Next Phase" series, Morning Dawn.

It's going to have an old beat with a verse over it by Kool A.D., plus a guest spot from @Chip Skylark A.K.A Michael Angel Valentine.

Last year I had to switch versions of FL, which doesn't sound like a big deal, but it took me a while to adapt my style to the more ambient sound of the newer version of FL. So this trilogy was more trip-hop inspired, and this last tape gives respect to Houston's DJ Screw for his influence - not only in the slower, laid back beats, but a few days ago I started selling my tapes/CDs out of a record store in town so also in the cassette game.

@TEKBEATZ @stomachlines @Grizzly @Shadow King @DrHackenbush @R$G META @King Musa @Roxx the King @choppybeats @Wepa Man @Stealth-Hustle

Damn we are eating good in the tunnel :wow: