Mortal Kombat 1 (Reboot) 9.21.23, PS5/Xbox Series/Switch/PC

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
MK9 was able to connect the OG trilogy together perfectly, and the ending was based on what happened in UMK3. You're the only person I've ever heard say that the MK9 story was trash.

No it didn’t, major story beats are altered way before the message and a lot of that shyt made no sense. It gave a retelling of the OG trilogy but no way that shyt fits together.

- Sindel’s protection and Shao Khan bride loop hole
- They entire team getting washed by Sindel
- He must win. Just fukkin say let Shao Khan win
- Scorpion saying fukk my fam Imma need to run that fade on sub zero
- Raider electrifying every one left and right but liu kang get murked
- Quan Chi getting put over Shang
- Jax looking weak as fukk

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
@PhillyBirds215 it's almost time for us to engage in Mortal Kombat
mortal-kombat-artwork-video-games-mortal-wallpaper.jpg

You betrayed the Lin Kuei for an actor:ufdup:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
Either going to be Tanya as usual or Kenshi (enjoy a good puppet character) for me.

Fully-committed. This game looks great as it has some real quirky-looking shenanigans I like in a fg. Two more weeks.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Man Reiko look LAME as fukk and where the
flip kick

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
No it didn’t, major story beats are altered way before the message and a lot of that shyt made no sense. It gave a retelling of the OG trilogy but no way that shyt fits together.

- Sindel’s protection and Shao Khan bride loop hole
- They entire team getting washed by Sindel
- He must win. Just fukkin say let Shao Khan win
- Scorpion saying fukk my fam Imma need to run that fade on sub zero
- Raider electrifying every one left and right but liu kang get murked
- Quan Chi getting put over Shang
- Jax looking weak as fukk
Those are just personal complaints. When the game dropped the story was praised as being one of the best. Sindel killing the whole squad was dumb, but she was also being powered by Shang Tsung's soul. You're going to be in the minority on this one, because this story is already getting mixed reviews.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Those are just personal complaints. When the game dropped the story was praised as being one of the best. Sindel killing the whole squad was dumb, but she was also being powered by Shang Tsung's soul. You're going to be in the minority on this one, because this story is already getting mixed reviews.

And Michael Bay’s transformers is one of the highest grossing movies of all time. Just because everyone praises it doesn’t mean it’s good, MK9’s story did cool things like cyber smoke & Sub, but ruined a majority of characters. it took 3.5 games to build back up Shang Tsung & others, and took away all agency from the characters for a Good vs Bad story narrative. MK1 Aside from the final chapter told a comprehensive story with no gaping plot holes and didn’t fukk over characters like they did in MK9 & MK11. These stories are indicative of the major problem with narratives, they can’t kill no one because they have to appear in the next game, which is why we get what we got in the last 3 games. MK1 gives the sequel a legit story where the DA, Nitara, Lin Kuei, & Edenia are all self acting at this point. MK is too massive to linked by a single linear story either break it up like DOA did or just do story packs.

To wrap it up I’m just pissing in the wind because muh hype & nostalgia will always take precedence in these games.