Most Egregious Violation of 'Hip Hop Code' in History?

Whose Hip Hop Pass needs revoking?

• Total voters

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
As inspired by the 'Clipse grew up middle class thread' whose exposal in hip hop was the most shocking to you:

French Montana posting 50's paperwork?
ENxAVz9UYAcNqa_

6ix9ine singing and looking like a sisserou parrot in court?
6ix.jpg

Gunna throwing YSL under the bus?
59695.jpg

Clifford being exposed as a Top Informant?
drdgewrge-1.jpg

Benny's daddy being a cop?
hqdefault.jpg

Freddie Gibb's pops being a cop?
Your father was a cop? How did that work, did you live with him growing up in Gary?

Yeah, I did. It’s funny because I get this question a lot. My dad came up in Gary, he was a musician, too. He was a singer and I guess he did what he had to do to support himself and in the 80s when I was like two-years-old, he joined the police force. Anyway, it was some sh*t, I don’t know the specifics of it but some scandal happened in ’91 that forced him to resign from the department. So throughout the years he was always working super-duper overtime or out of a job, or looking for a job, just struggling for money. And I watched my mom struggle to take care of three kids plus my little cousin, and my dad, he knew a lot of the sh*t that I was doing in the streets but he didn’t stop me from doing it. My dad was a cop but he wasn’t no angel, know what I mean? A lot of cops in Gary ain’t, especially not for one of the lowest salaries in the country, so you can imagine the corruption that goes on.

Ross being a C.O.?
0721081rickross2a.jpg

Jadakiss going to a private school, college, and coming from a stable two parent house hold with a father in corporate America?

Clipse growing up middle class?

Migos not growing up in the the trap?

Diddy's 'parties', 'sleepovers' and 'freak offs'?
0.png

sddefault.jpg

p-diddy-is-gay.jpg

Young Buck's 'special relationships'?
DmRjtTEVsAAkiM5.jpg

5cf9fd1953155.jpg

66013401_2392271020833567_3744265644414074880_n.jpg

Birdman "fukking with nikkas, too"?
3a0e90_4d3d218186e14de091070377c487dda9~mv2.jpg

King Von admitting he's gay?

21 Savage being British?
DyqGA7PWwAM9EJI.jpg

:jbhmm:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
one of the rawest mcs i know looks like dr richey and teaches second grade

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
ChatGPT said:

Jay-Z is often called "Camel" as a derogatory nickname, primarily due to perceived facial resemblance. This nickname was popularized during his highly publicized feud with rapper Nas.

Here are some key points about the origin and use of this nickname:

1. **Origin in the Nas Feud**:
- The nickname "Camel" gained traction during the beef between Nas and Jay-Z. Nas's track "Ether," which was a direct diss aimed at Jay-Z, included various personal attacks and insults. Though Nas didn't explicitly call Jay-Z a camel in the song, the feud amplified the spread of this derogatory nickname among fans and media.

2. **Facial Resemblance**:
- The nickname is based on the notion that Jay-Z's facial features somewhat resemble those of a camel. This comparison is purely visual and intended as an insult.

3. **Pop Culture and Media**:
- Once the nickname caught on, it was perpetuated by fans, forums, and even some media outlets. It became a part of hip-hop culture and lore, often used by those critical of Jay-Z or siding with Nas during their rivalry.

4. **Impact and Perception**:
- While the nickname "Camel" is meant to be mocking, Jay-Z's immense success and influence in music and business have largely overshadowed such derogatory terms. Jay-Z himself has not publicly addressed this nickname extensively, choosing instead to focus on his career and accomplishments.

In essence, the nickname "Camel" is a product of hip-hop's competitive and often confrontational nature, where rivalries and beefs lead to the creation of memorable, albeit sometimes derogatory, monikers.
kimqtq.png

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
ChatGPT said:

The perception that Eminem outrapped Jay-Z on "Renegade" stems from several factors:

1. **Lyrical Complexity and Content**:
- Eminem's verses on "Renegade" are often praised for their intricate rhyme schemes, wordplay, and the depth of the subject matter. Eminem delves into personal and societal issues, rapping about his struggles, his critics, and his impact on society with a raw and introspective style.

2. **Contrast in Delivery and Style**:
- Eminem's delivery is highly energetic, emotional, and technically precise, which contrasts with Jay-Z's more laid-back and conversational flow. This contrast made Eminem's verses stand out more to many listeners.

3. **Public and Critical Reception**:
- Many fans and critics have lauded Eminem's performance on the track, contributing to the narrative that he outshined Jay-Z. This perception was further cemented by Nas's famous line in his diss track "Ether," where he said, "Eminem murdered you on your own shyt," directly referencing "Renegade."

4. **The Original Version**:
- "Renegade" was originally an Eminem song featuring Royce da 5'9", and the track was reworked for Jay-Z's album *The Blueprint*. Some listeners felt that Eminem's familiarity with the beat and concept gave him an edge, as he was effectively in his own element.

5. **Subject Matter**:
- Eminem's verses touched on themes of hypocrisy, criticism from society, and personal introspection, resonating deeply with listeners. Jay-Z's verses, while still strong, were more focused on his usual themes of street life and success, which some felt were less compelling in this particular context.

6. **Technical Skill**:
- Eminem is known for his technical prowess, including complex rhyme schemes, internal rhymes, and multisyllabic patterns. On "Renegade," these skills were on full display, and many listeners felt that his technical abilities outshone Jay-Z's more straightforward approach.

While both artists delivered strong performances on "Renegade," the combination of Eminem's lyrical complexity, emotional delivery, and critical acclaim led many to believe that he outrapped Jay-Z on this track.
ak4fn2.png

Crumple

All Star
Daps
As inspired by the 'Clipse grew up middle class thread' whose exposal in hip hop was the most shocking to you:

French Montana posting 50's paperwork?
ENxAVz9UYAcNqa_

6ix9ine singing and looking like a sisserou parrot in court?
6ix.jpg

Gunna throwing YSL under the bus?
59695.jpg

Clifford being exposed as a Top Informant?
drdgewrge-1.jpg

Benny's daddy being a cop?
hqdefault.jpg

Freddie Gibb's pops being a cop?

Ross being a C.O.?
0721081rickross2a.jpg

Jadakiss going to a private school, college, and coming from a stable two parent house hold with a father in corporate America?

Clipse growing up middle class?

Migos not growing up in the the trap?

Diddy's 'parties', 'sleepovers' and 'freak offs'?
0.png

sddefault.jpg

p-diddy-is-gay.jpg

Young Buck's 'special relationships'?
DmRjtTEVsAAkiM5.jpg

5cf9fd1953155.jpg

66013401_2392271020833567_3744265644414074880_n.jpg

Birdman "fukking with nikkas, too"?
3a0e90_4d3d218186e14de091070377c487dda9~mv2.jpg

King Von admitting he's gay?

21 Savage being British?
DyqGA7PWwAM9EJI.jpg

:jbhmm:

These lies are wild.

I think Your old Droog biting Nas, having ppl think there was a secret Nas album out then having an unveiling show where he was not Nas at all.

He not only bit a voice, but capitalized off it.

I didn't hear him apologize. I think he did get into his own style but the initial hoodwinking was strange.