Most Impressive Fight of RJJ Career??

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
My favorite fight was probably the first Tarver fight. Dude had run thru most of his competition but I was truly impressed how he was able to come back down 25 lbs and fight.

I also knew that he was probably done after that too. He shoulda went to CW after that fight.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
vs Thomas Tate

Tate went 12 with Julian Jackson which is an incredible feat...i think he's the only one to do that..but Roy takes him out in 2..its also the only time he's ever been stopped..which is more impressive in hindsight

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My favorite fight was probably the first Tarver fight. Dude had run thru most of his competition but I was truly impressed how he was able to come back down 25 lbs and fight.

I also knew that he was probably done after that too. He shoulda went to CW after that fight.

Whatever he did to get back down to 175 did permanent, irreversible damage to his body...wouldn't have made a difference where he fought at after that...he was DONE...if he was gonna move down, his strength & conditioning team should've studied the methods Archie Moore used when he used to go back n forth from Light Hvy to Hvy...really one of the worst business & professional decisions in boxing history was Roy leaving the Heavyweight division when their was so much more money in the division at the time than what was at Light Heavyweight.

Tate went 12 with Julian Jackson which is an incredible feat...i think he's the only one to do that..but Roy takes him out in 2..its also the only time he's ever been stopped..which is more impressive in hindsight

Fight was real competitive too...think i had Tate losing to Jackson only by a round or 2.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Whatever he did to get back down to 175 did permanent, irreversible damage to his body...wouldn't have made a difference where he fought at after that...he was DONE...if he was gonna move down, his strength & conditioning team should've studied the methods Archie Moore used when he used to go back n forth from Light Hvy to Hvy...really one of the worst business & professional decisions in boxing history was Roy leaving the Heavyweight division when their was so much more money in the division at the time than what was at Light Heavyweight.

Fight was real competitive too...think i had him losing by a round or 2.

i read archie moore's bio on how he went up and down light heavy to heavy...one of the things he used to do to lose weight was chew meat for the juices then spit out the meat (sounds very :dame: but thats whats he did)...said he picked it up from aborigines...archie was a very interesting man to read about

yeah i think tate also got dropped in that fight but got up..it was a good showing

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Why not drop down from HW to CW?

Would've been better off rematching Toney for the IBF @ CW...and if victorious, he could've still fought Tarver but @ CW, while staying in comfortable range of all those big money fights with Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis and the Klitschkos @ Heavy :ehh:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Would've been better off rematching Toney for the IBF @ CW...and if victorious, he could've still fought Tarver but @ CW, while staying in comfortable range of all those big money fights with Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis and the Klitschkos @ Heavy :ehh:
Toney/RJJ at CW :noah:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I agree with the posts in there. The other one I want to point to is Vinny Pazienza. It might not seem impressive but round 4 was apparently the first time in compubox history where an opponent didn't land a punch. Vinny was shook.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I agree with the posts in there. The other one I want to point to is Vinny Pazienza. It might not seem impressive but round 4 was apparently the first time in compubox history where an opponent didn't land a punch. Vinny was shook.

Nothing but peace and love for Vinny Paz. Dude was told he'd never be able fight again just to get his shyt pushed in by Roy and few years later. :pachaha:

One of the funniest fights I've ever seen all that silly ass bouncing around Vinny was doing.

You know there's a movie coming out about his career after he broke his neck.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Nothing but peace and love for Vinny Paz. Dude was told he'd never be able fight again just to get his shyt pushed in by Roy and few years later. :pachaha:

One of the funniest fights I've ever seen all that silly ass bouncing around Vinny was doing.

You know there's a movie coming out about his career after he broke his neck.
Word. His fights with Haugen (I think they were before the surgery) were dope. Imma cop that movie too. But maaaaaaaan you know that when he was hitting air against Roy Jones he must've been on some
raw