MOTHERLESS BROOKLYN Trailer (11/1) (Norton, Willis, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Alec Baldwin & Willem Dafoe)

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Read the book back in the day - remember it being pretty funny, funnier than this trailer makes it, although I'm sure the PC police will being picking apart how it makes a joke of tourette's. The book also took place in the 70's and 90's, not the 50's.

Either way, glad to see Norton finally get another starring role. Dude is too talented of an actor not to be starring in movies.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
A vanity project of the worst kind. Bloated, long-winded and a general sense anyone could've seen this needed to be trimmed down at least a good 20 minutes. None of Norton's direction stands out except for how poorly he handles the romance, where scenes feel even more deliberately and annoyingly extended than the rest of the story.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Been trying to look for a non screen recorded version. But will probably just watch it regardless sometime this weekend.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Damn, is this the only thread for this???

Didn't know my girl Gu was in it.

Its decent, but Im watching cuz Gu getting more screen time.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
It was ok. No replay value for me. The acting was good, the message was clear and delivered effectively by overlapping a believable fictitious villain with the real life "brilliant visionary" PoS

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Liked this movie a lot. Norton's such a great actor; I wish he was in more movies. If any other actor was starring as Lionel, those tics might've made me stop watching.

I know that it took 20 years to transport this movie from page to screen, but I wish Hollywood had the clairvoyance to wait 6 months to release this (and wait for an offer from a streaming service). In a moment when institutional racism and white privilege are fresh on the minds of more Americans than ever before, this movie might've gotten the buzz it deserves