Mouthbreathing Machiavellis Dream Of A Silicon Reich : Silicon Valley's Monarchists

KillSpray

Don't be mad
Daps
Reppin
The top of the City
It was fantastic because it encapsulates A LOT of what I'm seeing online now.

Aimless meandering about how to "better" society without any understanding of how it works.

I'm TEMPTED to say I'm a little threatened by this sort of rhetoric but I'm really not surprised at how fast these poorly reasoned arguments spread.

Yeah, it's funny I haven't really been exposed to these types of individuals and their beliefs like that, so I was reading with real curiosity. I'm obviously aware of how much wealth is concentrated in that community, but I never really thought about what these people would really be like. Everything makes perfect sense once you consider who most of these guys are in the social pecking order, I just never seriously considered how attracted to radicalism they'd be.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Yeah, it's funny I haven't really been exposed to these types of individuals and their beliefs like that, so I was reading with real curiosity. I'm obviously aware of how much wealth is concentrated in that community, but I never really thought about what these people would really be like. Everything makes perfect sense once you consider who most of these guys are in the social pecking order, I just never seriously considered how attracted to radicalism they'd be.
It starts SO naively.

One day you're working on a coding problem and the next you're trying to extrapolate how to make the workplace more "hacker friendly" then you start wondering about society and why it doesn't bend to your will and then before you know it, your emails are getting flagged for inspiring revolutionary actions online with anonymous screen-names in seedy chatrooms.

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
It starts SO naively.

One day you're working on a coding problem and the next you're trying to extrapolate how to make the workplace more "hacker friendly" then you start wondering about society and why it doesn't bend to your will and then before you know it, your emails are getting flagged for inspiring revolutionary actions online with anonymous screen-names in seedy chatrooms.
Naivete is teh perfect word for it. You have dudes who quite literally are used to creating their own worlds with creatures they control based on what they input trying to understand a world of living beings then getting "problem-solvey" thinking they can apply the same logic to illogical humans.

It's downright pretentious.

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
This won't work unto we invent human solar-biology tech and have a war (social or otherwise) to decide on the legitimacy or lack thereof of psychological design through genetic manipulation.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
where's the AJ tinfoil smiley.......:dwillhuh:....... isn't that the Modus Operandi for these type of threads from these sources...... :jawalrus:

@BarNone... shouldn't this be in Free Speech..... .....???

:lupe:

I'm just joking, carry on :ehh:

Last edited:

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
What people fail to realize is the leaders of the tech industry are by and large the kids you would consider nerds in school. And not all nerds are smart btw. Think back to the nerdiest s.o.b in grade school now imagine making that socially akward b*stard your leader/idol :smh:

Everything makes perfect sense once you consider who most of these guys are in the social pecking order

peak in high school brehs. :sas2:

Last edited:

KillSpray

Don't be mad
Daps
Reppin
The top of the City
peak in high school brehs. :sas2:

It's not even about peaking, most psychology types will agree that certain core habits are established early in life, and those are the things that are hardest to break out of or recover from. Some people just develop certain social instincts earlier than others, and you have to consider environment as one of the factors. Other people just never really develop strong social skills, and again, you gotta consider environmental factors. If a person gets isolated both by choice and by falling low on the social pecking order early on in life straight through high school, that's going to be an experience that will shape their attitude as an adult... even heavy therapy could only hope to temper it. So when you got self described "autistic geeks," they can peak whenever they want, that isolation already hardened into habits of thinking and behaving.

I get the sense you might of just been trying to troll tho :sas1:

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
It's not even about peaking, most psychology types will agree that certain core habits are established early in life, and those are the things that are hardest to break out of or recover from. Some people just develop certain social instincts earlier than others, and you have to consider environment as one of the factors. Other people just never really develop strong social skills, and again, you gotta consider environmental factors. If a person gets isolated both by choice and by falling low on the social pecking order early on in life straight through high school, that's going to be an experience that will shape their attitude as an adult... even heavy therapy could only hope to temper it. So when you got self described "autistic geeks," they can peak whenever they want, that isolation already hardened into habits of thinking and behaving.

I get the sense you might of just been trying to troll tho :sas1:

I just found it funny that part of the critique of these guys you have reverted to middle school reflexive pick-on-the-nerd attacks. Meanwhile they got wealthy, successful in life and did have the talents to build the products that all of us use.

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
I just found it funny that part of the critique of these guys you have reverted to middle school reflexive pick-on-the-nerd attacks. Meanwhile they got wealthy, successful in life and did have the talents to build the products that all of us use.
even in a professional setting there are nerds and there are not nerds. Social pecking orders are real. There's a reason that traditionally people in power aren't "nerds". There in lies the issue. Nerds have this newfound power (money) but still lack the social graces to not be a fukin nerd.

That is of course speaking very generalized...and truth be told I always (and still do) get along with the nerds. They my peeps.

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Good read. A lot of that had me :mjlol:

I can't say it's surprising to read that there's a libertarian undercurrent in Silicon Valley, disappointing as it is. Nor is it really surprising that this ideology attracts the usual assortment of MRA's, white nationalists/supremacists, gun nuts, etc.

California libertarian software developers inhabit a small and shallow world. It should be no surprise then, that, although Thiel has never publicly endorsed Yarvin’s side project specifically, or the neoreactionary program in general, there is definitely a whiff of something Moldbuggy in Thiel’s own writing. For instance, Thiel echoed Moldbug in an infamous 2009 essay for the Cato Institute in which he explained that he had moved beyond libertarianism. “I no longer believe that freedom and democracy are compatible,” Thiel wrote.

Between reading these articles and this article, I wonder just how many libertarians genuinely see democracy itself as the problem. I guess when your ideology keeps getting rejected by a broad consensus of society, you start just wishing to do away with governing by consensus at all.