MPC Live and MPC X

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
To any MPC X users in this thread what is the battery life on it? I'm trying to search for it online but can't find it.

Y’all see this new free software the put out ..Can’t me mad at free.

Can you sample in this?

Is it better than the MPC Elements Software?

Shakeydog

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To any MPC X users in this thread what is the battery life on it? I'm trying to search for it online but can't find it.

Can you sample in this?

Is it better than the MPC Elements Software?

You can sample do automation use vst instruments etc...I think the only limit is the number of tracks you have to work with ...comes with some sound packs and a bunch of effects .

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
You can sample do automation use vst instruments etc...I think the only limit is the number of tracks you have to work with ...comes with some sound packs and a bunch of effects .
Oh I think MPC Essentials with the MPC Element had that same limitation and Essentials was real buggy too so I sold mine. Thanks a lot though for the info breh.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally bit the bullet and got the live 2. Used but new so it works smoothly.

That thing is a fukkin tank boi:wow::whoo:

Honestly tho if I wasn't able to get it at such a marked down price I would've just gotten the mpc one and KIM.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
Finally bit the bullet and got the live 2. Used but new so it works smoothly.

That thing is a fukkin tank boi:wow::whoo:

Honestly tho if I wasn't able to get it at such a marked down price I would've just gotten the mpc one and KIM.
it's great. I've had the X for 2 years and been using mpcs for 20 years now.. The X is the type of machine that if I had 20 years ago, it would have changed my life. The only reason I got the X was for the 16 q links. Trust me, the X, Live, and One are all the same machine, but I just like the shortcuts and big screen. Congrats on your purchase

MurderToCassette

Sa Da Tay
Daps
Reppin
I am comfortable and I love you
Gotta update from my last post in here a couple years ago. I copped a Live 2 Retro earlier this year and its a crazy piece. Especially when coupled with an older sampler.
I've resampled my SP 1200 into it, chopped up the samples and made the tracks in it. Sequenced my ASR 10 with it, real dope piece. :whoo:
That old sound with the new workflow is :wow:

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's great. I've had the X for 2 years and been using mpcs for 20 years now.. The X is the type of machine that if I had 20 years ago, it would have changed my life. The only reason I got the X was for the 16 q links. Trust me, the X, Live, and One are all the same machine, but I just like the shortcuts and big screen. Congrats on your purchase

:salute: facts. The X is really as close to perfection as you can get, but You can't go wrong with either one.

I'm really an FL. Studio guy, but I had to get down with the mpc due to the route I'm trying to take with my production.

Last edited:

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
:salute: facts. The X is really as close to perfection as you can get, but You can't go wrong with either one.

I'm really an FL. Studio guy, but I had to get down with the mpc due to the route I'm trying to take with my production.
I don’t know why but they are constantly increasing in price. All 3 have jumped about $1-150 within the past year.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t know why but they are constantly increasing in price. All 3 have jumped about $1-150 within the past year.
My guess would be a combination of inflation, demand(more and more people started getting into music during the lockdowns), the microchip shortage and the hiccups in the supply chain.

I was originally set on the mpc one but once I saw that price increase, I figured I could just get a new but used live 2 at roughly the same price.:manny: