MPC LIVE OR NAH

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm moreso looking for a standalone where I can make beatss on the go and on my lunch break at work and shyt.

Might settle for an ipad with beatmaker 3 for the short term and save longer for the mpc live..I could afford the ipad in like 2 paychecks.

Yeah if your looking to make beats on the go an iPad might be the best way. Mpc has software for iPad. I know they have a vintage mpc 2000 software, it's an emulator that looks and acts exactly like an mpc 2000, I have it on one of my phones. It's dope.

I can't quite remember but when I looked a month ago and saw mpc released the software without hardware I think they now make the mpc studio software (the same one on mpc live) standalone for iPad. I'll let you do the homework on that. I just refuse to ever own an iPad so I wont look. Even though it would suit me well.

They also have korg studio which is a standalone daw by korg has a bunch of vsts. I have it for Nintendo switch.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
I'm moreso looking for a standalone where I can make beatss on the go and on my lunch break at work and shyt.

Might settle for an ipad with beatmaker 3 for the short term and save longer for the mpc live..I could afford the ipad in like 2 paychecks.
zzounds lets you do the mpc live in 12 payments. send it to you after the first payment

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I just ordered one earlier:mjlit:

Got it from AMS..

I guess they're doing the 5 payments right now instead of 3 so I got it at $215 installments:ehh:

Free express shipping so should arrive tomorrow:mjlit:

Had the live since launch, you need a proper bag to keep it portable. It’s bigger than the 1000.
Yea the site gave me an option to get a bag but I felt it was overpriced and could find more options elsewhere.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps

Got it from AMS..

I guess they're doing the 5 payments right now instead of 3 so I got it at $215 installments:ehh:

Yea the site gave me an option to get a bag but I felt it was overpriced and could find more options elsewhere.

Dope, go ahead and update the firmware to 2.4. The air fx plug ins are dope.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Got it from AMS..

Can you shoot some beat videos when you get it?

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Can you shoot some beat videos when you get it?
Gonna post some in the morning..got no monitors but got a guitar amp so hopefully the aux audio into that sounds decent:pachaha:

My shory review.

WORKFLOW
-Is quick and I'm getting the hang of everything..you'll be spending most of your time between the Menu and Main screens.

Sequencing-
Takes some adjusting since I'm coming from FL STUDIO..but I'm sure for MPC Users it's familiar.

I'm able to get my ideas out quick and stay inspired..unlike in FL Studio. The stock AKAI sounds are great and are keeping me fed right now. I spend less time searching for sounds..I use load like 5 random kits..and cycle threw em and usually get an idea pretty quick and start cooking from there.

SOUND
The audio is great, and coming from using an i3 laptop( :flabbynsick: ) it is great to not have clipping or weak drums. Great drum kits..

SAMPLING

I sampled 2 songs from spotify and tidal from my phone with a 3.5mini to RCA Cable :wow:

The chop as you listen feature is :ohlawd: and chopping is so much fun...you feel more involved because you hitting pads and tweaking using knobs instead of using a mouse. The pad chopping is quick because if you have decent sense of time your chops will be where you want them/on beat and then you can fine trim them.

I haven't dug in deep with the sampling such as filtering out the lows and shyt yet.

-Also can't update to 2.4 because my damn ilok activation code won't work so I have to call akai tommorow:stopitslime:

In fact my biggest complaint is the technical side of akai..website goes down, will work in one browser but not the other, site being down.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Gonna post some in the morning..got no monitors but got a guitar amp so hopefully the aux audio into that sounds decent:pachaha:

My shory review.

WORKFLOW
-Is quick and I'm getting the hang of everything..you'll be spending most of your time between the Menu and Main screens.

Sequencing-
Takes some adjusting since I'm coming from FL STUDIO..but I'm sure for MPC Users it's familiar.

I'm able to get my ideas out quick and stay inspired..unlike in FL Studio. The stock AKAI sounds are great and are keeping me fed right now. I spend less time searching for sounds..I use load like 5 random kits..and cycle threw em and usually get an idea pretty quick and start cooking from there.

SOUND
The audio is great, and coming from using an i3 laptop( :flabbynsick: ) it is great to not have clipping or weak drums. Great drum kits..

SAMPLING

I sampled 2 songs from spotify and tidal from my phone with a 3.5mini to RCA Cable :wow:

The chop as you listen feature is :ohlawd: and chopping is so much fun...you feel more involved because you hitting pads and tweaking using knobs instead of using a mouse. The pad chopping is quick because if you have decent sense of time your chops will be where you want them/on beat and then you can fine trim them.

I haven't dug in deep with the sampling such as filtering out the lows and shyt yet.

-Also can't update to 2.4 because my damn ilok activation code won't work so I have to call akai tommorow:stopitslime:

In fact my biggest complaint is the technical side of akai..website goes down, will work in one browser but not the other, site being down.

I might buy a new laptop strictly for mpc software. But I use the 4000 and came from a 2000 and 2000xl.

I'm gonna pull the trigger one day only reason I'm hesitant is because I really don't need to get the software, but I know I can make skeleton beats on the pc then load up the actual machine.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
brehs...bout to get back into this as a hobby. Guitar Center down the street has MPC Live and MPC 5000, both used for the same price. Which one to go with? Is the X much better than the 5000 or nah? I like the Live just because its standalone.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
brehs...bout to get back into this as a hobby. Guitar Center down the street has MPC Live and MPC 5000, both used for the same price. Which one to go with? Is the X much better than the 5000 or nah? I like the Live just because its standalone.
I never used a 5000 but I think the Live would have less of a learning curve and would be more fun to use with the touch screen and the great stock sounds.

You don't have to be tied to one place using the live and you can make beats
-in bed
-on the toilet:dame:
-at the park
-on the bus
-lunch break