MS Forest Hill HS Blasted After Halftime Show Features Students Mock Shooting Police Officers

King of Creampies

Hop in. You coming too!
Daps
Reppin
Wild Hunt
Plot Twist. :troll::russ:

MS Forest Hill HS Blasted After Halftime Show Features Students Mock Shooting Police Officers

- THECOUNT.COM - "Taking Local News National Since 2005" - October 6, 2018

JACKSON, MS. (THECOUNT) — Parents are demanding answers after a Forest Hill High School‘s halftime show featured students mock shooting other students who were laying on the field while dressed as law enforcement.

The Jackson, MS, School District has now apologized for the harrowing halftime show after video of the show leaked on the internet.

Band members could be seen pointing what looked like assault rifles at other students dressed as law enforcement, days after two Brookhaven police officers were shot and killed.

The schools tried to explain the stunt saying the violent performance was based on “the movie John Q,” which depicts a hostage situation, according to a press release from the school.

School superintendent Dr. Errick Greene said “I want to offer my deep and sincere apologies for the performance by the Forest Hill High School band during Friday’s football half-time show in Brookhaven.” source

“JPS has a great deal of respect and appreciation for our law enforcement partners,” Greene said.

“The band’s performance does not depict the values and people in our community, and was incredibly insensitive to the students, families, law enforcement officials and the entire Brookhaven community. For this we sincerely apologize to all, and we pledge to do better in the future.”

“We have taken some initial actions in response to this matter, and you have my commitment that we will investigate it fully and take additional appropriate action with respect to procedures and personnel.”