Status
Not open for further replies.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Because being a Knicks fan is a disease, I’ve talked myself into a lavine trade. What’s the least we can give up realistically to get him?

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Because being a Knicks fan is a disease, I’ve talked myself into a lavine trade. What’s the least we can give up realistically to get him?
If it's any of the rookies, it's a dumb trade imo. I still have faith in those 4 cats. Development and Perry is shyt. Him and Rose are gonna have conflicting views. I expect stupidity and regret.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Maybe they get desperate to move off Otto porter’s money and we can get Zach + Otto for randle, a Top 10 pick swap and a sweetener...doubt it though. He’s gonna draw attention from all over so I assume our best case scenario is Chicago decides to use him to offload cash. We have the space to oblige and the time to eat the extra year of salary before we try to make a real FA splash.

And here is why there’s hope for that scenario...

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Hypothetical offseason I’ve been cooking in my head all morning:

Move 1: renounce everyone with an option

Move 2: trade our non lottery winning pick (6-10) to the Bulls along with Knox, DSJ and the 23 Mavs pick for Lavine. (According to Macri, that still leaves us with 40 mill in cap space)

Move 3: Trade 27 and the 36 to move up 5-7 spots and grab Kira

Move 4: Sign FVV 4 years, 84 Million

Move 5: Sign Gallo to a 2+1 Team option starting at 18

Move 6: Sign back Harkless, Bullock and Taj with a combination of the mid levels or vet mins

Move 7: Sign Lamar and Kenny Wooten to minimum, 2nd rounder type deals

Move 8: Extend Dot

Final Roster:

FVV/Kira/Peters/Harper (2way)
Lavine/Frank/Dot/Bullock
RJ/Iggy/Harkless
Gallo/Randle/Wooten
Mitch/Taj

Plus whoever we find as the other 2 Way player...

Let’s just fukking compete. I feel like this is a roster full of Thibs type guys that can compete right away. I don’t care about waiting for 2021, if a FA wants to come bad enough, we can use the other Mavs pick to offload one of Gallo, FVV or Lavine.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
2023 is the draft class of Emoni Bates. I’m keeping it to see if we can move it that year if we don’t get the #1 and the Mavs fall outside the top 10.

2021 and the unprotected Mavs pick could be a good year for us.
I think the 2021 Mavs pick is the most likely to net us a lottery pick. Especially the way they’re performing in the bubble now as a 7th seed in a west that didn’t have the warriors and we now see that the Suns, Spurs, Pelicans and the Blazers can easily be a playoff team next season.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hypothetical offseason I’ve been cooking in my head all morning:

Move 1: renounce everyone with an option

Move 2: trade our non lottery winning pick (6-10) to the Bulls along with Knox, DSJ and the 23 Mavs pick for Lavine. (According to Macri, that still leaves us with 40 mill in cap space)

Move 3: Trade 27 and the 36 to move up 5-7 spots and grab Kira

Move 4: Sign FVV 4 years, 84 Million

Move 5: Sign Gallo to a 2+1 Team option starting at 18

Move 6: Sign back Harkless, Bullock and Taj with a combination of the mid levels or vet mins

Move 7: Sign Lamar and Kenny Wooten to minimum, 2nd rounder type deals

Move 8: Extend Dot

Final Roster:

FVV/Kira/Peters/Harper (2way)
Lavine/Frank/Dot/Bullock
RJ/Iggy/Harkless
Gallo/Randle/Wooten
Mitch/Taj

Plus whoever we find as the other 2 Way player...

Let’s just fukking compete. I feel like this is a roster full of Thibs type guys that can compete right away. I don’t care about waiting for 2021, if a FA wants to come bad enough, we can use the other Mavs pick to offload one of Gallo, FVV or Lavine.
I'd rather the Knicks go after Bertans or Wood, but I'm down with a plan like this. I just don't trust the Knicks to draft well if that pick lands outside of the top 3 and I'm tired of the Knicks sucking. Get Lavine and figure the rest out as we go. I expect the Bulls to really push for us to take on Porter in a Lavine trade though, so we'll probablly have to make due with 13 mil in cap space instead.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dg got some blacktop flair in his bagg

would've made more sense in nyc

rj is no frills

if you ain't gonna be good then be entertaining

just draft the most skilled hoopers let them sell the razzle dazzle

shyte finna be so dry in the thibs era

Did I miss something, what have you seen from Garland that makes him a better building block than RJ?? This is why we can’t have nice things .

Status
Not open for further replies.