[Music Video] J. Cole - Crooked Smile (feat. TLC)

Coonsequence

Victor Cruz
Daps
my nikka cole out here auditioning for tyler perry movie roles b.

colenas.gif

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
It's a full length version of Kendrick randomly throwing the "Death to Molly" message at the end of the b!tch don't kill my vibe video...an attempt to solidify and push a "conscious" image, though it may not necessarily have a goddamned thing to do with the song...i was about to come in and mock it for being overwrought and overly dramatic and wonder out loud if they considered a scene of drowning puppies to pull on the heartstrings a little more, before I saw it was (very) loosely inspired by the Aiyana Jones tragedy and somehow the war on drugs and felt like an a$$hole

Think it'll do a decent enough job of hammering home how "deep" J. Cole is to his fanbase, the actual message being jumbled to all hell notwithstanding...I definitely prefer it to the original video concept which appeared to be a refashioning of TLC's Unpretty video but with child actors...which I'm pretty sure i would have had to turn off half way through...Cole prolly saw the final cut of that sh!t, was overwhelmed by the cutesy cheesiness and thought "fukk THAT...LET'S DEPICT A KID BEING TRAGICALLY KILLED"...the absolute other extreme

Last edited:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I hate this nikka yo. It's the same shyt he did with the Power Trip video. Instead of makin a simple nice video that could send this shyt to the top ten he puts out some weird shyt.

This is exactly why Cole's sales are starting to lag. He waited WAY to long to drop this video. Cole should be on his 3rd Video now. With that said, I like this song and the message behind it. Be yourself people. But why couldn't TBoz or Chilli get in the video?

You fake ass A&Rs kill me man.