My Chemical Romance

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
how does the coli feel about this group? i been a follower of them since Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge when MTV gave them that push over the track Helena and to me personally i feel like they continue to grow and tinker with their sound but at the same time their music gets better with each album. i constantly play The Black Parade and Danger Days and most of Conventional Weapons on a regular basis.

this was one of the first bands i got into when i became disenchanted with hip hop.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Agreed. Good band that has continued to change, adapt and reinvent themselves. I liked all of their albums and have physical copies of all of them except conventional weapons.

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
Bands like My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Blink 182 and any other shyt like green day is the equivalent of ignorant rap like chief keef, trinidad james, jew miller, wiz rose, etc.

I hate when annoying fakkits say things like this without posting alternative music sources.

Drop some youtube links of music that isn't consider the "ignorant rap" of rock.

And I don't want to hear no Red Hot Chilli peppers, either. :pacspit:

DStyles

Vegan
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY/Manchester,UK
No RHCP? Very well then :ehh:

:whew:

Since you guys listen to MCR I figure I include recent stuff but if you want older stuff I suggest checking out Joy Division, only two albums but the best damn two albums :win:

If you like emo rock that's cool and all though, I was just giving my honest opinion. :manny:

Hope I didn't offend anyone :whoa:

Last edited by a moderator:

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
No RHCP? Very well then :ehh:

Interpol - Leif Erikson (HD 1080p) (Lyrics) - YouTube

The Strokes - Last Nite (HD 1080p) (Lyrics) - YouTube

The Suburbs - Arcade Fire - YouTube

Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor - YouTube

The White Stripes - 'Seven Nation Army' - YouTube

:whew:

Since you guys listen to MCR I figure I include recent stuff but if you want older stuff I suggest checking out Joy Division, only two albums but the best damn two albums :win:

If you like emo rock that's cool and all though, I was just giving my honest opinion. :manny:

Hope I didn't offend anyone :whoa:

I was down with Arctic Monkeys when they first blew up with that song (at least I think thats when they first blew up in the U.S....it was when I first heard them at least). I never liked The White Strips; they always seemed so boring to me. I feel like Arcade Fire is overrated; just like how so many people claim that Red Hot Chilli Peppers or Foo Fighters are one of the best bands ever. Heard of The Strokers, never heard The Strokers; the sound is boring to me.

:ld:

I don't like rock music THAT much, so I can't debate like I could with Nas vs Future....but it seems like most "real rock" heads dislike My Chemical Romance. I don't see why.

Nas is a better rapper than Future because he's a lyricist. He's nice with the words. That's what makes a good rapper, right?

What makes a good rock band, good? What makes MCR the "ignorant" rockers?

Their albums are all stories. From track 1 to the end, theirs a story there. I think that's pretty creative. The lead like making stories so much, I think he made a fukkin comic book, lol. Dude just like that comic / anime / hero shyt. They arn't emo, either. They came out wearing black and makeup so people called them emo. They write weird dark stories. The public labeled emo, not themselves.

I just don't see what you "real rocker" heads use to judge rock music. It has to sound like it can play in a commercial or something?

Is Rise Against a shytty band too?

DStyles

Vegan
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY/Manchester,UK
@msims

I take back what I said. You're new to the genre so I don't want to discourage you from listening to what you like at first glance. I want you to enjoy listening to this beautiful genre :blessed: so enjoy listening to MCR.

I do however suggest going back and re listening to those bands I listed.

P.S. RHCP is a good band, they're first 4 albums are not that great though. Skip those. Every band's albums are not going to be great. Even bands like Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd released albums that are not worth listening to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas
Sunny Day Real Estate & Jawbreaker> MCR

90s emo is great, but 00s emo is :trash:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I was down with Arctic Monkeys when they first blew up with that song (at least I think thats when they first blew up in the U.S....it was when I first heard them at least). I never liked The White Strips; they always seemed so boring to me. I feel like Arcade Fire is overrated; just like how so many people claim that Red Hot Chilli Peppers or Foo Fighters are one of the best bands ever. Heard of The Strokers, never heard The Strokers; the sound is boring to me.

I don't like rock music THAT much, so I can't debate like I could with Nas vs Future....but it seems like most "real rock" heads dislike My Chemical Romance. I don't see why.

Nas is a better rapper than Future because he's a lyricist. He's nice with the words. That's what makes a good rapper, right?

What makes a good rock band, good? What makes MCR the "ignorant" rockers?

Their albums are all stories. From track 1 to the end, theirs a story there. I think that's pretty creative. The lead like making stories so much, I think he made a fukkin comic book, lol. Dude just like that comic / anime / hero shyt. They arn't emo, either. They came out wearing black and makeup so people called them emo. They write weird dark stories. The public labeled emo, not themselves.

I just don't see what you "real rocker" heads use to judge rock music. It has to sound like it can play in a commercial or something?

Is Rise Against a shytty band too?

you can't really compare a band to a rapper. a band has to have some level of talent. they have to compose and play the songs and write the lyrics. all a rapper technically has to do is say rhymes over beats other people produce. i know local dudes that spit lyrics and don't know jack shyt about music. in terms of lyrics and content they pretty much just mimic what they see.

its one thing to say you don't like a band just because you don't care for their music but its entirely another to try and cut them down to nothing but talentless hacks and act all elitist because they do a style of music you aren't all that into or they're a light listen mainstream pop band.

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
The MCR slander in here :dwillhuh:
Its old, but I think a lot of people slandered them.

:laugh:

I don't even really listen to rock much, anymore.

Actually, I'm not even listening to music.

I'm tired of it all, I guess.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
They were at this rock fest @ 1st Midwest Bank Amphitheater a few years back (blink 182 & the Red Hot Chili Peppers were there too) I was the only one in the group who knew of them. Since they came around at the end of the TRL era & I was a HUGE Fall Out Boy and Gym Class Heroes fan I liked them by association. This was my favorite song by them tho

I also like the song with the girl in it looked like Mila Kunis...

Last edited: