My God, I didn't realize how brutal the Europeans were to the Natives

Archangel

Banned
Daps
I'm reading this book: A Peoples History of the United States ( shoutout to @R.E.N. Spells Ren for putting me on) and I always knew Columbus and the Spaniards were scumbags :pacspit: but the things I've just read.

..the Spaniards grew more conceited every day...they rode the backs of Indians if they were in a hurry or carried on hammocks....The Spaniards thought nothing of knifing Indians by the tens and twenties and cutting slices off them to test the sharpness of their blades.

..two of these so called "christian" soldiers met two Indian boys one day, each carrying a parrot; they took the parrots and for fun, beheaded the boys.

From their arrival in 1494 to 1508, over 3 million Indians had perished from war and slavery.

They were forced to search for gold. Those who returned absent gold had their hands cut off and bled to death.
Among the Arawak tribe, mass suicides began with cassava poison. Infants were killed to save them from the Spaniards. In two years, through murder, mutilation or suicide, half of the 250,000 Indians on Haiti were dead.

And we know that Africans traveled to and settled these lands thousands of years before the Europeans so these natives were essentially black or mixed with black.

Breaks my heart. Upon first seeing the Europeans, the natives ran to them offering gifts, food and trade. Just friendly and Columbus wrote in his journal right off the bat "these people would make fine servants. With 50 men we could subjugate them all". Wow. I knew it was bad, but reading this book that defies all American taught history, is an eye opener. And I'm just on page 5.

Archangel

Banned
Daps

Ya'll didn't know that Africans had sailed to the Americas way before Europeans? In fact there's a story that Columbus actually stopped in Africa and obtained advice and a map on how to get to these lands. Also, there have been digs here in America that found millennia old Egyptian artifacts buried in Indian tombs and found beneath dried rivers. How could Egyptian artifacts get here without actual Africans traveling here? American history is just a a system of lies devoted to the achievements of Europeans. No room for the truth and accomplishments of other cultures.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
As for newly born, they died early because their mothers, overworked and famished, had no milk to nurse them and for this reason, while I was in Cuba, 7000 children died in three months. Some mothers even drowned their babies from sheer desperation.....In this way, husbands died in the mines, wives died at work and children died from lack of milk....and in short time this land which was so great, so powerful and fertile......was depopulated...My eyes have seen these acts so foreign to human nature, and now I tremble as I write

Written by Las Casas, one of the witnesses who opposed Indian slavery and suggested African slavery instead because they were stronger and would be able to handle it. :snoop: