My homie who is black recently launched his own fashion consultant business.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
He can be successful in that type of business but he has to work his way up into better clientele. He needs to focus on the average homie. Like a 9 to 5 that wants to freshen up his look. He needs to document everything start an online blog, share his success stories and then people with clout will reach out to him. But I hope he has a good work ethic because he should be letting his presence known in every men's boutique/clothing store/shoe store even Barber Shop within 10 miles of his business/home radius to help get clients.

He needs to document it and do "transformations"

The real money in this is in entertainment. You might (MIGHT) make some decent money in working with one client at a time. But if you can get people to watch you change the average dude (fat, sloppy, hood, corny/geeky, young, old etc.) from someone who doesn't know how to dress, to someone who can dress, you can make a living off of the entertainment/speaking/author side of things.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only thing weird is that he gets paid to consult men how to dress but I guess he only entertains men who are successful and Busy cause the average man could just look up these things.

You literally could dedicate an hour for a week and learn all you have to know.

you do understand that that works for everything right?

people pay someone to cut their grass....to cut their hair....to pack for them....to make them work out.....etc :francis:

i actually created my business out of the fact that people dont want to or dont have time to do things for themselves :yeshrug:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
He can be successful in that type of business but he has to work his way up into better clientele. He needs to focus on the average homie. Like a 9 to 5 that wants to freshen up his look. He needs to document everything start an online blog, share his success stories and then people with clout will reach out to him. But I hope he has a good work ethic because he should be letting his presence known in every men's boutique/clothing store/shoe store even Barber Shop within 10 miles of his business/home radius to help get clients.

You’re right because he actually does 90% of what you said.

I was just actually just reading one of his stories just now.

Also the guy use to dress very bummy so his stories always grab attention.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
you do understand that that works for everything right?

people pay someone to cut their grass....to cut their hair....to pack for them....to make them work out.....etc :francis:

i actually created my business out of the fact that people dont want to or dont have time to do things for themselves :yeshrug:

True even though I wouldn’t relate labor work (cutting grass, packing items and cutting hair) to looking up information.

I do understand though people often pay others for valuable information.

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
Hell yeah it does. When I'm suited and booted or dressed really preppy, I get stopped by people all the time. People have stopped me just to say hi, women have approached me, people want me to join their MLM, and I've even had people ask me if I was hiring, and I didn't even have a business...

If image wasn't so important, companies wouldn't spend millions a year on style consultants and there wouldn't be so many books on the subject.

Check out Alpha M on YouTube. He has millions of subscribers, and all he does is talk about men improving their image.

Also check out Kevin Samuels, he's a brotha and he has good info on the subject.

Good for your friend though, I don't think many brothas are in the field, and a lot of us brothas really need help with our image.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Hell yeah it does. When I'm suited and booted or dressed really preppy, I get stopped by people all the time. People have stopped me just to say hi, women have approached me, people want me to join their MLM, and I've even had people ask me if I was hiring, and I didn't even have a business...

If image wasn't so important, companies wouldn't spend millions a year on style consultants and there wouldn't be so many books on the subject.

Check out Alpha M on YouTube. He has millions of subscribers, and all he does is talk about men improving their image.

Also check out Kevin Samuels, he's a brotha and he has good info on the subject.

Good for your friend though, I don't think many brothas are in the field, and a lot of us brothas really need help with our image.

Thanks a lot brother for this information imma look it up