My mans said Bron is a better pure PG than Magic

Is LeBron a better natural PG than Magic?

• Total voters

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
It’s ok if you think Larry Bird is better than Lebron James. It’s just an opinion but that’s hilarious.

:mjlol:
you're in a thread where the overwhelming majority agree magic > lebron.
larry bird beat magic.
you do the math.

bird's stats: 24.3 points per game. 10.0 rebounds per game. 6.3 assists
lebron's 27.1 points, 7.5 rebounds and 7.4 assists

you're acting like it's some open and shut case.
clearly lebron has tried to play more like larry bird as his career progressed.
and bird's a better 3-point shooter, .376 vs. .346, even though he played 40 years ago.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
larry bird beat magic.
you do the math.

and bird's a better 3-point shooter, .376 vs. .346 even though he played 40 years ago.
I don’t have an opinion on whether Magic or Lebron was a “pure point guard”.

Frankly I don’t even know what the hell a pure point guard is. And more than that, why the fukk would it even matter?

I’m more amused that anyone thinks Larry Bird was a better player than Lebron James. But like I said, you are entitled to that opinion.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
I don’t have an opinion on whether Magic or Lebron was a “pure point guard”.

Frankly I don’t even know what the hell a pure point guard is. And more than that, why the fukk would it even matter?

I’m more amused that anyone thinks Larry Bird was a better player than Lebron James. But like I said, you are entitled to that opinion.
I offered objective stats, yet you're still acting like it's somehow a laughable opinion.

And like I said, Larry Bird's a better 3-point shooter even though he played 40 years ago.

Keep stanning LeHairline tho, that's just your opinion :hubie:

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
Can you show why?

Magic has tons of fastbreak highlights, but in the halfcourt I still haven't seen any Magic stan explain what Magic does there that they think is better than Bron. Y'all gotta break it down or show some video clips or something already. Whole thread and we still don't have a single positive Magic video yet.

He wasn't as strong a ballhandler so he couldn't really break down the defense off the dribble. He ran basic-ass plays and more often than not made the easiest pass. He was a turnover machine.

On the fast break Magic was one of the greatest passers ever, but in the half-court I'm not seeing the justification to call him more than above-average. He had a ton of scorers with size and a lot of the time he was just dumping into them and letting them beat guys.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's clearly not a natural because it took him damn near 20 years to get where he is now, and as it stands his idea of PG means Bronball, which isn't anywhere nearly as productive/effective/entertaining as Showtime.

As far as I'm concerned, Lebron hasn't even passed Larry Bird on the SF totem pole, so there's no way in hell he's somehow jumping over to be the best PG too.

Y'all overrate that guy something fierce.
This is an awful take.
What SF is better overall than lebron?

Daps
He's clearly not a natural because it took him damn near 20 years to get where he is now, and as it stands his idea of PG means Bronball, which isn't anywhere nearly as productive/effective/entertaining as Showtime.

As far as I'm concerned, Lebron hasn't even passed Larry Bird on the SF totem pole, so there's no way in hell he's somehow jumping over to be the best PG too.

Y'all overrate that guy something fierce.

this is a terrible post. bron not a natural ? :gucci:

a guy like westbrook you say is not a natural. lebron clearly has a gift for playmaking

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

That's exactly what I said it would be. Most of those plays are in the fastbreak/open court before the defense is even set, where Magic excels, and the ones that aren't are basic-ass passes. Where in that entire video did you see elite passing in a halfcourt offense that's beyond what LeBron does on the regular? And those are supposed to be the best passes of his entire career?

I just showed a clip of prime Magic being unable to anything next-level in one clutch game after another in the Finals. Do you have counterexamples, where Magic runs exquisite next-level plays in the halfcourt that required point guard skills LeBron doesn't have?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
larry bird beat magic.
you do the math.

and bird's a better 3-point shooter, .376 vs. .346, even though he played 40 years ago.
I offered objective stats, yet you're still acting like it's somehow a laughable opinion.

LOL at "objective" when you didn't even adjust for pace.

Bird's stats are from the 80s when everyone was just running all the time and played at a far higher pace. Just adjusting for pace (and ignoring for a moment how shytty the defense was in the 1980s), the actual per-100 possession #'s would be:

Bird: 30-12-8 shooting 51% eFG
Bron: 37-10-10 shooting 57% eFG

And that's just regular season stats. When you go to playoffs:

Bird: 28-12-8 shooting 49% eFG
Bron: 37-12-9 shooting 54% eFG

You made a big deal about Bird's better regular season 3pt #'s, but ignore that Bron was better in the playoffs, 34% to 32%, and better efficiency overall as well despite being higher volume.

Not to mention that Bron got his numbers in a more difficult defensive era.

Not to mention that Bron was a far better defender than Bird, which doesn't show up in the stats.

Not to mention that Bron was far, far better in big games than Bird was (Bird was low-key shyt in critical games)

Not to mention that Bron has 4 MVPs and 4 Finals MVPs, to Bird's 3 and 2, despite Bird having more help and far more stacked teams from the moment he entered the league.

There is no case breh. Literally no one takes dumb shyt like that seriously, this is why you look like a pure hater.