‘My own husband is a predator’: LAPD officer accused of sharing explicit photos of his wife with other officers

bnew

Veteran
Daps

by: Cameron Kiszla

Posted: Dec 15, 2022 / 08:42 AM PST
Updated: Dec 15, 2022 / 06:19 PM PST

A Los Angeles Police Department officer faces multiple charges after he allegedly shared explicit photographs and videos of his wife with other men, including fellow police officers, without her knowledge or consent.

Brady Lamas, 45, faces six misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct by distributing multiple private intimate images without consent, according to a press release from the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office.

He did not appear in a search of jail records, but his bond was set at $20,000, according to a report in the Los Angeles Times. He is scheduled to be arraigned in the Santa Clarita office of the Los Angeles Superior Court on Tuesday.

Lamas allegedly shared the images between Dec. 29, 2021, and Jan. 24 in a group chat on Kik, a messaging app. They were discovered by his wife, a fellow LAPD officer, on Jan. 30, according to an application for a restraining order against Lamas obtained by the Times.

In a statement, the LAPD said Lamas has been assigned home pending an internal investigation since Jan. 31, 2022, the day after his wife allegedly found that he had shared explicit photos of her.

“The Department is fully cooperating with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department and the District Attorney’s Office with this matter and is troubled by the officer’s alleged off-duty conduct which does not reflect the values of the Los Angeles Police Department,” the statement added.

Lamas’ wife said her husband’s “horrible disturbing acts,” including secretly taking and sharing photos and videos of her, have resulted in harassment at work with the LAPD.

Male LAPD employees approached Lamas’ wife, stared at her “intently” and said things like “Brady is a lucky man” and “He doesn’t know how good he has it,” she said in a court filing.

At the time, she simply thought those comments were “unusual,” not knowing that these men had seen explicit photos of her, she said.

“My own husband is a predator and he preyed on me,” she wrote. “I would have preferred that he punched me in the face.”

“The conduct alleged in this case can cause lasting emotional distress,” District Attorney Gascón said in his office’s statement. “No one should be subjected to these cruel and invasive actions. As a law enforcement officer who encounters victims each day, he should know the trauma that is caused when someone’s privacy is violated.”

Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Some of the male LAPD employees who had received the explicit images would approach her at work, staring at her “intently” and making comments such as, “Brady is a lucky man” and “He doesn’t know how good he has it,” according to the filing. She found their comments “unusual” at the time, the filing said, not knowing about the images he’d sent them.

She reported the images to her supervisor and went to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department station in Santa Clarita to file a report. An internal affairs investigation was also opened, according to the filing.

Lamas’ wife said discovering the images was “devastating to my dignity” and left her feeling humiliated and afraid to return to work. She added that his actions were “tantamount to a sexual assault.”

“My own husband is a predator and he preyed on me,” she wrote. “I would have preferred that he punched me in the face.”

“What is worse is this humiliation will keep repeating, perhaps forever, because the private pictures and graphic videos are now in the hands of strangers and multiple co-workers at the LAPD,” she wrote.

damn that's grimey
full

I bet she knew how he was tho towards other people before they got married :mjpls:, lay with dogs and you get fleas :manny:

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
This is very on brand for LAPD tbh. Sexual assault and exploitation of women is one of their trademarks. Don't get me wrong, they'll still shoot and kill an unarmed black man like the rest of these PDs but the LAPD & LASD is full of would-be incels with a badge and gun.