My son has been suspended 5 times. He's 3.

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
I can poll 2 people: A 40 year old man and a 5 year old kid and ask: "do you think dinosaurs exist?"

Then put out a poll saying "50% of Americans believe dinosaurs exist"
Read into the poll data brehs. Don'[ believe the bullshyt.

kj614

You must quiet your mind.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Family
home school
home school
home school
This is in no way proven but IMO home schooling leads to mental disability ranging from a terrible lack of communication skills to autism. I used to manage a set of twins that were home taught and both of them had college degrees by 17. Neither by the time they were 27 could drive, communicate with other adults as normally expected. Neither had had a girlfriend and were both virgins. You don't just learn from a school environment you also pick up social skills that damn near trump education.

kj614

You must quiet your mind.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Family
This is in no way proven but IMO home schooling leads to mental disability ranging from a terrible lack of communication skills to autism. I used to manage a set of twins that were home taught and both of them had college degrees by 17. Neither by the time they were 27 could drive, communicate with other adults as normally expected. Neither had had a girlfriend and were both virgins. You don't just learn from a school environment you also pick up social skills that damn near trump education.
Here is a video of one of them.

DaddyTime

All Star
Daps
These studies are inherently biased and full of skewed data. Don't pay attention to these "studies" brehs
I still remember getting jumped in middle school for no reason, yet I was suspended and they were told to go back to class in the principal office. Her name was ms applemen and she was jewish, as soon as she saw my Muslim name, the hate in her eyes. Smh

my point is, some of these cacs are not over the racial bullshyt and will use their power to oppress children of undesired race.
:sas1: let's talk about these "bias" studies Clutch

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I can vouch for this.

My son is 4 he's never got suspended but when he went to the daycare with all the young white women teachers, he got bad behavior reports multiple times per week. My son is stubborn but not a bad kid at all. I sat in on a couple classes and it was literally pandemonium in there. The teachers had absolutely no control over the class. The kids didn't listen to those teachers at all. These young teachers with no kids of their own, really aren't equipped to handle a room full of kids, I don't care what kinda degree they have. My wife and I thought we were doing something special by sending him to the new daycare, with all the new lesson plans and teachers displaying their credentials, but they couldn't even control the class long enough to teach him anything.

We pulled him out of there and put him in the old school spot with all the old school black ladies, and he gets no more behavior reports, and he's learning a lot more. I'm sure he still acts out at times, but they know how to handle it and set him right, instead of calling me every ten minutes.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I can vouch for this.

My son is 4 he's never got suspended but when he went to the daycare with all the young white women teachers, he got bad behavior reports multiple times per week. My son is stubborn but not a bad kid at all. I sat in on a couple classes and it was literally pandemonium in there. The teachers had absolutely no control over the class. The kids didn't listen to those teachers at all. These young teachers with no kids of their own, really aren't equipped to handle a room full of kids, I don't care what kinda degree they have. My wife and I thought we were doing something special by sending him to the new daycare, with all the new lesson plans and teachers displaying their credentials, but they couldn't even control the class long enough to teach him anything.

We pulled him out of there and put him in the old school spot with all the old school black ladies, and he gets no more behavior reports, and he's learning a lot more. I'm sure he still acts out at times, but they know how to handle it and set him right, instead of calling me every ten minutes.

It's the old school black ladies who know how to handle kids well. So yeah you & ur wife were right to do that & observe how the teachers handle the class as a whole.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Here is a video of one of them.

I doubt I will change your mind on this issue. But the thing about home schooling is that as a parent you're given a great amount of freedom and latitude. With that freedom you can either produce really good results or really bad ones (like your example). There are religious communities in the midwest who home school their children but don't teach them how to do basic arithmetics, and have them memorize bible verses. Many of the kids can't even spell their name. Does that mean home schooling is bad? No. It just means their execution or implementation of home schooling is poor. The best implementation of home school is when a parent supplements their child's core education with socialization (i.e.: taking trips with other home schooled children, joining the local school's sports team, etc.). School isn't the only place in the entire universe where one can develop their social skill.

The public school system is just a school-to-prison pipeline for minority students (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School-to-prison_pipeline). Government-run schools are not interested in educating children (especially black children). They just want us smart enough to be worker bees. They discourage creativity, individuality, and critical thinking. We're trained to sit still and take orders.

Here's a TED talk of a 13 year old who quit school: