My Theory of why Alita: Battle Angel didn't do well

Daps
Reppin
NULL
1 - you seem like a sensible guy so we both know you already know

2 - an example of outrage in addition to the constant whining, blaming, and complaining about “conspiracies” the aggressive “dikk sucking this and that” comments that seem to constantly come from left field

3 - ok that’s just one article, so are you saying theirs millions more?

4 - I’m not saying no studio pays critics. But it’s silly to believe only one does and the others don’t. Different critics are bias for different things. I don’t think Last Jedi proved anything, yes there were people that didn’t like it but there were also millions that loved it (it made a billion).... especially overseas.... kinda similar to the love other movies got from overseas. Word of mouth is stronger than critics and you can only surpress something so much now adays.

5 - All the Marvel movies been hyping each other up to boost the next one. That’s been going on for 20+ movies and 11 years now, hence the end credits. From the jump it was educated that this is a MEGAFRANCHISE so I don’t get the nitpicking on that now. Also the industry did the same thing 2 years ago and has to a degree always did this with woman lead movies as even THAT wasn’t the first time they did it. Have we forgot about how they did they did the same shyt with The Hunger Games and hyped up J Law? Truth be told, Brie has yet to be closed to hyped up in comparison to JLaw and Gal. They didn’t allow you to choose your viewpoint then. Hell you couldn’t and still can’t say one bad thing about HG or WW and get away with it. CM ain’t even reach close that level yet

6 - Fair enough, but at the same time a movie that hasn’t even dropped yet has no correlation to this subject at all either. Matter fact EVEN LESS correlation. It’s not holding Alita back from anyone seeing it or doing well in the box office. This movie has been promoted HEAVILY over the 2 months, or atleast I’ve seen several commercials in my area about it EVERYDAY. If anything, it’s competing with the films that have already been out or dropped around the same time it dropped. It has its space and if we are being real, it’s the first 2 weeks that really count as most people who want to see any movie now days jump on it heavy in that time frame. And that’s not just movies, same with music, games, books, etc. People have this thing where they wanna be first, current, and ahead of the curve. If it’s really good they go back, if they had their share, they’re done with it and move on.

That’s just what it is, there is no conspiracies

Martha

1. Captain Marvel (Official Thread) March 8th 2019

With that said, the same dikk eating critics that’s gonna suck a nut off this film and prop it up for woman empowerment are the same dikk eating critics that sucked the nut off Wonder Woman and propped it up for women empowerment

That agenda was real for Patty..... but it’s cool when you on her side

What did you say about "Conspiracies" again? The same critics who boosted Ghostbusters 3 and Oceans 8 about how awesome they were and they tanked because the fans hated those films.

2. The article comes from a reliable source in the media world.

3. No is stating that critics aren't paid in this or that studio, however to ignore the recent climate of controlled narratives and media is just plain naive. There are only a few ( six) companies that control all of media, so don't act like their investment in certain markets aren't as important as others. Word of Mouth use to be good( The Ring 2000) was a great example but now it's branding. Branding has controlled the market for some time.

4. No one disagrees with your statement about Mega Franchises but CM is about helping the Biggest Films of the Franchise( The Avengers), not solo or origin films.

4a. Hunger Games had strong characters and didn't focus only on one to save the day. CM does, it's promotion does. Brie Larson is fairly new and J Law did a few films that the critics liked of her before hand. Gal's image from Fast and Furious franchise was a golden ticket. Hunger Games was a direct copy of Battle Royale. It was above average when I saw it and WW was a weak action film that relied too much on the love story than the main character.

5. Actually it does correlate because both films have female leads, both female origin stories, both have powers. Both are in theaters 3 weeks of each other. One film was created to show that a strong female lead doesn't have to have an agenda of hating men to do her job. The other is promoted to be Savior of Women and to make men feel weak.

'Captain Marvel's' Brie Larson Can't Save Womankind — But She's Doing Her Best

Dates mean alot as well since the Original date for Ant-Man was early May 2018 and AV IW came out in April, Ant-Man was pushed back to July to allow breathing room. This helped both films and the studio.

I agree with competition but the critics are still the make it or break it for the films today. People rely on their viewpoints today. Studio Paid critics and non-paid but want to continue to work and get exclusives from the studios will always be around. It's a cut throat job just like the rest.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
1- Well there you go also, who really cares what these “critics” say. Let’s be real, we overate their popularity too much like they Drake or Kardashians level.

Hell I bet if they walked into an average coffee shop then SASmith walked in with them. Everyone would know him and no one would know them and he’s not even half as popular as celebs on the prior level. So I don’t know who criticiqued GB 3 or O8 nor do I follow them

2 - The world has become cynical toward the media, everyday everything is fake news, lies, conspiracies, at some point it all becomes a wash

3 - Well then that’s the point, don’t call out one and pretend the others don’t. And that’s what so many love to do “Bu Bu Bu bu only Disney does...”

Also word of mouth still is key, yes everything is branded but word of mouth can still make or break anything. Hence Solo, John Carter, and again over to other things like music and games. Fortnite is a key benefactor of WOM, so it’s still good

4 - Stop it, HG was about JLaw. Nothing else.
Gal wasn’t all that popular before WW, granted those movies were about the cars, fukkery, Vin, Paul, and most recently the Rock. She was a minor character in the grande scheme of things if anything Michelle was more of the standout female character. WW pushed the fukk out of her to the moon and naturully so. She went from “not mentioned at all” to some would argue she’s “top 10” and that’s based off he becoming WW. Nothing was wrong with that and it worked but come on.

Also, yes CM is helping A4, just like A4 gonna help Spidey 2, all their movies are lead ins to the next, not sure the big deal. In the credits of Guadians 2, they literally had Jeff Goldblum in full costume in the credits.... and he ain’t shoot one scene for that movie or was even supposed to be in it.

5 - Na....

And it again it has breathing room in the 3 weeks. Say CM wasn’t gonna drop then.... how many big movie goers do you know that’s normally gonna wait 2-4 weeks on purpose to decide whether they want to see a movie or not? If you can’t make it within that timeframe it’s typically “circumstances.” Not trynna discredit dates but most folks make their decision well before hand.

It didn’t take me weeks after Creed 2 dropped to decide if I wanted to see it or not no different from when the Rebel Wilson movie dropped it was already made up in my mind “I don’t wanna see that”. And I don’t know if that movie is good or bad, I’m not gonna take the energy to shyt on it, I just feel it’s not for me and I keep it moving. Same thing I’ve done with every Amy Shumer movie, every Tyler Perry movie, I still to this day have never watched one minute of a Harry Potter movie or none of the Hobbits.

That’s why emphasis is always on the opening weekend and first week

Martha

Daps
Reppin
NULL
1- Well there you go also, who really cares what these “critics” say. Let’s be real, we overate their popularity too much like they Drake or Kardashians level.

This I agree with but the brand has been created leaving the masses to view their opinion over their own as valid.

Hell I bet if they walked into an average coffee shop then SASmith walked in with them. Everyone would know him and no one would know them and he’s not even half as popular as celebs on the prior level. So I don’t know who criticiqued GB 3 or O8 nor do I follow them

RT did

2 - The world has become cynical toward the media, everyday everything is fake news, lies, conspiracies, at some point it all becomes a wash

The world still believes in the media but the masses are growing tired of them, that is why they have been creating a stronghold of their influence throughout. Youtube algorithm to stop conspiracy theory videos because it hurts their bottle line of news that isn't accurate. Same goes with the same companies that run the media for movies, music, etc. They control the narrative and the viewpoint of what should be and shouldn't be.

3 - Well then that’s the point, don’t call out one and pretend the others don’t. And that’s what so many love to do “Bu Bu Bu bu only Disney does...”

Who said I'm not calling the others out? Im addressing Disney because they have one of the biggest Titans out there and have huge investments in creating the biggest and only brand to go to for Comic Book films.

Also word of mouth still is key, yes everything is branded but word of mouth can still make or break anything. Hence Solo, John Carter, and again over to other things like music and games. Fortnite is a key benefactor of WOM, so it’s still good

True.

4 - Stop it, HG was about JLaw. Nothing else.
Gal wasn’t all that popular before WW, granted those movies were about the cars, fukkery, Vin, Paul, and most recently the Rock. She was a minor character in the grande scheme of things if anything Michelle was more of the standout female character. WW pushed the fukk out of her to the moon and naturully so. She went from “not mentioned at all” to some would argue she’s “top 10” and that’s based off he becoming WW. Nothing was wrong with that and it worked but come on.

Hunger Games wasn't just about JLaw. Gal stake in the minor character gave her the WW role....why would they choose her out of the rest of the girls who could have done better? Michelle was a overused character who became comical. She was indestructible like a robot. I agree with the push for WW.

Also, yes CM is helping A4, just like A4 gonna help Spidey 2, all their movies are lead ins to the next, not sure the big deal. In the credits of Guadians 2, they literally had Jeff Goldblum in full costume in the credits.... and he ain’t shoot one scene for that movie or was even supposed to be in it.

Jeff Goldbum is a minor character and doesn't hold weight.

5 - Na....

Na What?

And it again it has breathing room in the 3 weeks. Say CM wasn’t gonna drop then.... how many big movie goers do you know that’s normally gonna wait 2-4 weeks on purpose to decide whether they want to see a movie or not? If you can’t make it within that timeframe it’s typically “circumstances.” Not trynna discredit dates but most folks make their decision well before hand.

People do that alot. Hell alot of people wait til the film comes on netflix or streaming site before they watch it.

It didn’t take me weeks after Creed 2 dropped to decide if I wanted to see it or not no different from when the Rebel Wilson movie dropped it was already made up in my mind “I don’t wanna see that”. And I don’t know if that movie is good or bad, I’m not gonna take the energy to shyt on it, I just feel it’s not for me and I keep it moving. Same thing I’ve done with every Amy Shumer movie, every Tyler Perry movie, I still to this day have never watched one minute of a Harry Potter movie or none of the Hobbits.

You just like me feel the same but it's not like that for everyone.

That’s why emphasis is always on the opening weekend and first week

Martha

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
How yall liked this corny, poorly acted, weak story, unintentionally funny movie? I was so mad I tried sleeping n my wife wasn't having it