N.O.R.E. & DJ EFN's Drink Champs Podcast Episode 5: KRS-One (Video Added)

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Put this on now, interesting to hear Nore speak how he wanted to be like KRS, also his kids rapping along to Sound Of The Police lol.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Nardwuar should interview :krs:

:dead: @ the Herc phone call

:jbhmm: I can see the angle Kris is taking on Bam but...:wtb:

A little :shaq2: on his stance over ghostwriting...we need dope lyrics AND emcees Kris.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What they drinking anyway? Lol at Nore wanting to sneak Criminal Minded in his cell when he was in jail.

It's interesting too, cause I know Big Pun had a lot of respect for KRS too. Nice to hear Kool Herc too, how is Herc's health now?

Interesting analogy in terms of the fathers, cousins, children etc. In terms of the Bam shyt, in my opinion anyone who sexually abused anybody needs to be thrown under the bus because it's a human rights violation, however it's hard to know the truth, cause are there forces and individuals that would love to take Bam down? Absolutely, I even noticed a few things before these specific allegations that came up trying that seemed trying to discredit Bam, so he must have enemies/people that want his downfall, and of course for the positive things he seemed to do within the culture many people wouldn't like too. And people certainly DO lie about abuse, this is 100 percent fact, for many reasons, to promote something, for attention, to discredit someone, for money, mental illness, there's countless reasons, not talking about these recent accusers specifically because I'd have to really dig deep into it to form a concrete opinion, but any abuse can't be tolerated, specifically of children, I have noticed a lot of false information and things being said though, and also a section that is joyous about these accusations and celebrating and revelling in it. That is wrong because at the end of the day if it is true children were abused which is not something to be happy about, and if it's false someone's charecter is being unfairly dragged through the mud which is a terrible thing also. So I hope the truth whatever it is comes to the light and then things can be dealt with accordingly. It must be a challenge for people that know Bam too, because that's someone they cool with. Because you don't wanna condone something wrong yet also you don't want to throw someone you cool with under the bus if it's false.

Hip Hop will maintain ultimately regardless because it's bigger than any sole individual, no matter what their contributions are, it's a global huge culture, so if 1 person is fukked up (or not) there's still countless others who aren't that are sincere.

Last edited:

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The ghostwriting shyt KRS said makes sense, a lot of people get shyt twisted. There's many aspects of MC'in, rapping is an art and craft in and of itself, so is writing in and of itself. People also have their own lanes, do we really diss Dr Dre for not writing his own shyt? Maybe some do, but I never minded that because it sounds good and helped create some great albums, that's not his lane. BUT when you claim to be the best MC and then don't write any of your own rhymes and have a team of ghoswriters that's a whole other story. There's many subtlety's to the issue and it's not black or white, and whatever you do ultimately has to be dope. I think people seem to really downplay the art of MC'in sometimes, it's a real skilful craft in itself, and am talking generally, they also do the same for lyrics, for instance I give D.O.C props for some of the shyt he wrote even if he didn't spit it cause he was dope, he was a dope writer, Scarface too cause he wrote some ill shyt for Bushwick along with Willie, writing is a huge craft in itself too. The problem is due to personal vendettas and point scoring people wanna be all 1 way or another with the shyt, when truthfully it's a complex issue, and whether you real or a fraud or not, not if somebody ever wrote a verse for you or not, Snoop had some shyt written for him but dude freestyles too, and am sure he writes too, don't take away from him to me he's probably spit bars that were written for him too, in addition to what he does.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
:dead: @ Nore pleading with KRS to not do this new Shan beef...the trauma is real.

And I feel Nore will get better at this with time, too. For a first "real interview", this was great.

Last edited:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
:krs: ruining Nore's childhood :russ:,

I think the best part of the entire interview was when Kris said Shan ain't show up for the past 30 years