name a popular song by a female "r&b" artist of today that comes close to this

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
They changed the single version(I hate that they changed the end of the song from this), but I think it shoulda got more burn than it did, if they woulda took lil wayne vocals off and just had a bridge, and kept the original ending:

only one I can think of

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
The early-mid 2000's held it down though. R&B wasn't as popular as it was in the 90's with Boyz I Men, TLC, Mariah, etc selling 8-9 million albums....but it was still good to me. You just had to adjust to it being a little different.

Even now there's still good music, but you have to search for it and it doesnt sell alot.

yeah, i just miss that feel r&b music had in the 90's though. it was movement. like the excitement of a new song/album and it holdin' down a whole season.

from the songs to the music videos to the albums to the interviews the artists gave etc. that era had a lot to offer. it won't just r&b either, hip hop, grudge, rock, etc

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I like vocals over the beat. I like the camp lo version too. They could've did more with that bridge though.

This beat and song is :ohlawd:

you just reminded me of this 2004 piff
L3kXeHm.gif

high school days:to:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
best record that could be listed with as an elite charter and assimilated the whole hood in a lackluster year.

not sure if this and my last choice.
constitute an rnb artist of today as both are from the deb era.

art barr

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
most popular r&b is hype driven... I did just cop Rochelle Jordans album tho. shyt is fire.

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
sentimental is not messing with this record, cause it is argueably the best of this decade and won't be matched.

art barr

the best thing about this marsha's song is the fact that it samples prince's "the beautiful ones" :mjcry:

but other than that, it ain't seein' deborah's :banderas: