Name Some Landmark Movies That Sparked A Bunch Of Copycats...

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Blade Runner - a lot of japanese anime & western sci-fi
Raiders of The Lost Ark - basically every adventure movie since
Spinal Tap - Fear of A Black Hat, CB4, actually any mockumentary cos this was the first one ever. Gervais/Merchant credit this as an influence for The Office.

This is a really interesting topic, hope I see some cool posts. I couldn't think of much although I'm sure theres great examples. Like exploitation and blaxploitation flicks - what was like the first of those? Somebody must have done it first and there must be a decent answer?

廿城曾地我去米

Ze Pequeno

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
I’m Bout it. Single handily sparked the hood movie genre

Im-Bout-It.jpg

Also Menace To Society cause it’s the greatest film of all time, so by default every movie after that is a copycat because they trying to reach the heights Menace did, although that’s literally impossible.
Lol wtf? Boyz in the hood?
Clockers?
New Jersey drive?
South Central?
Above the rim?
Fresh?
Belly?
Blood in blood out?
Friday?

All these movies came out way before I'm bout it.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Lol wtf? Boyz in the hood?
Clockers?
New Jersey drive?
South Central?
Above the rim?
Fresh?
Belly?
Blood in blood out?
Friday?

All these movies came out way before I'm bout it.
Those were Hollywood productions that hit the movie theatres... He said hood movies... This was shot by a NO nikka with a record label and sold out trunks... Big difference

Daps
elib_1376073.jpg

Which spawned: Date Movie, Disaster Movie, Epic Movie, Superhero Movie, Extreme Movie, Spanish Movie, Meet The Spartans etc.

As @nieman somewhat alluded to Scary Movie comes from a longgggggg line of spoofs such as

220px-Airplane%21_%281980_film%29.jpg

MV5BNzgxNmI1ODItZWZlYy00ZjE0LWIwYjgtMTk2MzU0MjhkOWIzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

And many more before & in between. How is this a landmark movie when it’s not even the first Of it’s kind?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Blade Runner - a lot of japanese anime & western sci-fi
Raiders of The Lost Ark - basically every adventure movie since
Spinal Tap - Fear of A Black Hat, CB4, actually any mockumentary cos this was the first one ever. Gervais/Merchant credit this as an influence for The Office.

This is a really interesting topic, hope I see some cool posts. I couldn't think of much although I'm sure theres great examples. Like exploitation and blaxploitation flicks - what was like the first of those? Somebody must have done it first and there must be a decent answer?

廿城曾地我去米

That's a good one.