Namibian President rejects Reparations from Germany saying it’s not acceptable

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Nambia president says Germany's reparation offer for mass killings not 'acceptable' - CNN

After reading the article I think the president rejected it because it wasn’t enough and not because he wanted it at all for his country. This is could be used as precedent for the fight for reparations for African Americans
Why would this be the precedent? Reparations have been paid by Britain as well in insulting amounts. They can use any case as a study it guarantees nothing.

I've tried to tell coli brehs not to bank on the idea of getting rich off reparations. We have yet to see what this means to the average Namibian breh. My people got 2k a head and they acted like returned land was reparations.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
The average Namibian won't get rich. But the country as a whole should be in a much better place within a decade because of it.

And that amount should be in the billions of dollars.

Learn from history, brehs.

Holocaust Restitution Payments Definition
Germany to give $662 million to Holocaust survivors struggling during the coronavirus pandemic
According to the Claims Conference, negotiations since 1952 have led to the German government paying more than $70 billion in Holocaust reparations to over 800,000 survivors.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That seeing an article doesn't say what the initial offer was. But now Germany is saying they're going to pay 1.3 billion:

Germany to Pay $1 Billion in Reparations to African Country
They are not paying 1.3 billion in reparations. They apologized and promised 1.3 billion in aid over the next 30 years while saying at the same time that they are not recognizing any legal claims for reparations. This is why the descendants of the genocide victims are rejecting it, because it is explicitly not reparations, will not be payed to them but to to the state and if you divide it by 30, the yearly payments aren't really that much.