Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

Daps
I think it's better than Nasir, but way below the original LT. Somewhere along the way, Nas got better at picking the correct tracks for his albums. I like this about as much as I Am... and SD.

Both the Swizz tracks are surprising good. That RZA PAAG track is kinda bad (the beat is good, but Nas kinda wastes it by going for that PAAG angle). The other one is dope, but sounds a bit like some BD stuff. Toomp track is a bit dissapointing, and I don't like the RaVaughn hooks (she ruins what would be 2 great tracks). The PR tracks are both dope, but no need to compare them to TWIY, unrealistic to expect them to make something on that level again. There's more I dislike and like, but I don't come back to this one that much.

Decent 6/10 for me.

Daps
I think it's better than Nasir, but way below the original LT. Somewhere along the way, Nas got better at picking the correct tracks for his albums. I like this about as much as I Am... and SD.

Both the Swizz tracks are surprising good. That RZA PAAG track is kinda bad (the beat is good, but Nas kinda wastes it by going for that PAAG angle). The other one is dope, but sounds a bit like some BD stuff. Toomp track is a bit dissapointing, and I don't like the RaVaughn hooks (she ruins what would be 2 great tracks). The PR tracks are both dope, but no need to compare them to TWIY, unrealistic to expect them to make something on that level again. There's more I dislike and like, but I don't come back to this one that much.

Decent 6/10 for me.

:what:

:dead:

Breh.

He isn't referring to what you think he is on Tanasia. :pachaha:

But anyway, to each his own I guess. I feel you on some of the R&B hooks, but overall I easily give it an 8 out of 10 at worst. Beats are very good, and had Alchemist not given him some duds it would have been even that much better. RZA, Pete Rock, and Statik Selectah showed out on this piece. Album is still my favorite album to drop in the last 3 years outside of G Pack Vol 2 by The Doppelgangaz and Black Moon's last album.

Mike Wins

All Star
Daps
It's funny brehs were so opposed to him working with Swizz but No Bad Energy, Adult Film and Bath Salts came out those sessions :whew:

But yeah this album was not bad but it felt like an outtakes joint compared to the OG Lost Tapes which was a 100% cohesive album