National Failures v.1: Blk Mass Incarceration and Racism

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Soooooo I'm gonna start a series of threads on ways the nation has not only failed our race but legitimately attacked our race as well.

All opinions will be based off peer reviewed findings. Lets get it crackin!

1.) Sooooooo not only is skintone positively correlated with jailtime, but also perceived African features.
http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/doi/10.1086/686941

2.) Hell fukk sentencing?! We're more likely to be WRONGFULLY CONVICTED IN THE FIRST PLACE!
This study proves what most people suspected about the criminal justice system

https://www.law.umich.edu/special/exoneration/Documents/Race_and_Wrongful_Convictions.pdf

3.) And when we are convicted we get longer sentences FOR THE SAME DAMN CRIME!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...act-same-crime-as-a-white-person-study-finds/

https://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/...h-publications/2017/20171114_Demographics.pdf

4.) Anybody interested in the effects of mass incarceration on blk wealth?
The Crippling Effect of Incarceration on Wealth | Prison Policy Initiative

"This striking racial disparity where even White men who have experienced incarceration accumulate wealth faster than Black men who have never experienced incarceration, is a nice complement to Devah Pager’s research about the impact of a criminal record on gaining employment. Pager found that between White men and Black men, White men who had a record of incarceration were more likely to be called back for a job interview compared to Black men with no history of incarceration."

So white a$$holes whether they go to jail or NOT, can accumulate more wealth than a blk man will even if he is squeaky clean.

5.) Oh and it's just as bad for blk women.
Here Is Why Women Of Color Are The Fastest Growing Jail Population

6.) Oh did u think you could act squeaky clean, pull urself up by your bootstraps and avoid this shyt?
Read below.
Data Shows Affluent Black Kids Are More Likely to Be Incarcerated Than Poor White Kids

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
All facts in op. But i am of the opinion that if things are gonna change for blacks in America the black family needs to be fixed and there must be effective direction. Once thats sorted things would be much easier.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
What is the Solution we already know the problem.
I'm gonna go with blk homesteading, insular town and school building and community building, where we have infrastructures supported by like minded professionals and individuals, who control our own wealth and access to health and political power.
We need more modern day Black Wallstreets

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I'm gonna go with blk homesteading, insular town and school building and community building, where we have infrastructures supported by like minded professionals and individuals, who control our own wealth and access to health and political power.

Good solution but how can we achieve that without one group feeling they are doing all the work?

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
So black homesteading, includes a normal family unit correct?

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever

I'm glad we're doing this thread, but; (don't mind me snappin' on another poster)

In 2015 about 100 black men were killed by police compared to about 5 black women. Not to meation black women's incarcertaion rates are dwarfed by black men. Outta the 2,306 per 100,000 black people emprisoned; 4,347 are black males compared to 260 black women.

Breaking Down Mass Incarceration in the 2010 Census | Prison Policy Initiative

Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) - Correctional Populations in the United States, 2010

We're not ignoring black women, they aren't being treated by the police like black men are.

Stop creating this divide--black people are messed up

Stop with this double minority bullshyt

Incarceration for black men is abnormal in a first world society. But, don't tell white folk and bougie black folk.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
What is the Solution we already know the problem.

That's a pipe dream until we actual get wealth, unfortunetely.

In fact, when you deduct the family car and other depreciating assets from their worth of the total 14.5 million African American homes, half of all black American households accounting for over 7 million families of three, have a total net worth of less than $1,700. While the net worth of the median white family remains near $100,000 using the same method of accounting. Yet African Americans dream on. Even the white poor have more money than most black families. Princeton University sociologist Dalton Conley has found that even white families living near the poverty line have a net worth exceeding $10,000.

Anytime you look up black wealth, check for the median. Average skews the numbers.

We also don't have the land to manufacture and make our own food.

You're speaking more on individual solutions. For us all; that's not going to work.

Our solution is stuff like the Angela Project;

aka reparations

I think we need to leave this idea, of us fixing this by ourselves, alone

Like it or not, we're still Americans by nationality

And let me make this clear: I AM NOT FOR HANDOUTS OR "DEPENDING" ON THE GOV'T

But, it makes no sense for black ppl to be a political

Black business isn't gonna stop the justice system from preying on us