NBA Weighs Retroactive Penalties For Floppers

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Once again, taking a charge correctly is not a flop. If that concept seems "nonsensical" to you then you need to learn more about basketball.
I haven't said that taking a charge is a flop, I don't think that anyone else has either. You're having trouble keeping up.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Well, I just made that distinction and you responded by calling my post nonsense. Or are you just insulting everyone that responds to you regardless? :rudy:
No, you tried to distinguish between flops, saying that exaggerating contact on a charge is not the same as exaggerating contact on a block. That's nonsense, exaggerating contact is flopping period. You don't have to exaggerate contact in order to properly take a charge.

ThaGlow

All Star
Daps
chris-paul-flop.jpg

Man, CP3 got that shyt DOWN. His form is perfect. He's falling yet throws out a perfectly balanced WTF signal to the ref while making eye contact and expressing disgust in the face. That's that 1" Punch Flop!

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
Even though I think floppers should be dragged in the streets and stones publicly, a retroactive penalty won't work. Like Bomani's punk ass said, just wait until you see CONTACT to call the foul.

Ref's call fouls by anticipation and reaction, and that's unfortunate. They should judge it based on actual shyt happening.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
No, you tried to distinguish between flops, saying that exaggerating contact on a charge is not the same as exaggerating contact on a block. That's nonsense, exaggerating contact is flopping period. You don't have to exaggerate contact in order to properly take a charge.

Do you not always fall backwards to properly take a charge? Are the only valid charges the rare occasion that a player is legit knocked backward off balance and didn't plan on falling? Of course not. Therefore, that's exaggerating contact.

As I said, that's part of the game and if you commit to taking that charge and the offensive player doesn't fall for it, so to speak, it can look pretty goofy and basically come off like a flop. But it was a defensive move you made that simply didn't work because the other player made a better move to counter it.

That's completely different from the blatant flops that are designed to make it look like the other player just attacked you. One is a valid basketball play, the other is not.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Well, I just made that distinction and you responded by calling my post nonsense. Or are you just insulting everyone that responds to you regardless? :rudy:

Do you not always fall backwards to properly take a charge? Are the only valid charges the rare occasion that a player is legit knocked backward off balance and didn't plan on falling? Of course not. Therefore, that's exaggerating contact.

As I said, that's part of the game and if you commit to taking that charge and the offensive player doesn't fall for it, so to speak, it can look pretty goofy and basically come off like a flop. But it was a defensive move you made that simply didn't work because the other player made a better move to counter it.

That's completely different from the blatant flops that are designed to make it look like the other player just attacked you. One is a valid basketball play, the other is not.
Sure you can exaggerate contact by falling back while youre taking a legitimate charge. Like I said, players routinely flop when they're being legitimately fouled. Its still flopping though. I'll say this again, a flop is a flop. You guys aren't being consistent. You want to penalize players for committing certain kinds of flops based on your own personal preferences. That's not going to work.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
If they address this then they need to seriously look at plays when a shooter pump fakes then NCAA 2012 Linebacker super saiyan levitates into the defender to get a foul call. That shots damn near more egregious than flopping