NBA Youngboy faces 10 year sentence for possibly violating his probation

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC

A state judge Friday ordered Baton Rouge rapper NBA Youngboy held behind bars until at least June 21 while authorities probe whether a man seen in a social media video making violent threats is — as the judge strongly suspects — the same rapper she put on probation in 2017.

That rapper, Kentrell Gaulden, who performs as NBA Youngboy, came to District Judge Bonnie Jackson’s courtroom Friday with his attorneys for a review of his probation in a nonfatal 2016 drive-by shooting in Baton Rouge to which he pleaded guilty to aggravated assault with a firearm, but he didn’t walk out of the downtown courthouse with those lawyers.

Instead, the judge put a probation hold on him and remanded him to the custody of the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office. She could end up revoking his probation and sending him to prison.

Gaulden pleaded guilty to the firearm charge in May 2017, and Jackson gave him a suspended 10-year prison sentence in August of that year and put him on probation for three years.

Jackson, who reminded the 19-year-old Gaulden that a condition of his probation in that case calls on him to refrain from all social media activity, said she received a news feed on her cellphone Sunday about a fatal shooting in Miami that involved Gaulden and his girlfriend, who was shot in the shoulder.

Authorities have said gunmen opened fire on Gaulden and several of his associates, and legally armed members of his entourage returned fire, killing a bystander. Miami-Dade police have said no members of Gaulden’s party will be charged because they fired in self-defense.

An embedded video in that news feed that Jackson received purportedly showed Gaulden “talking trash and smack” in a threatening way, the judge said.

Baton Rouge rapper NBA Youngboy must be detained after Miami shooting, social media post, judge says | Courts | theadvocate.com

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Cac suck something

Jackson, who reminded the 19-year-old Gaulden that a condition of his probation in that case calls on him to refrain from all social media activity, said she received a news feed on her cellphone Sunday about a fatal shooting in Miami that involved Gaulden and his girlfriend, who was shot in the shoulder.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Austin_Rock-bros.gif

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
How he only get probation for that kinda crime without snitching.
They didn't hit anybody during the drive by and he pleaded Attempt Murder down to Assault with a weapon. Still pretty crazy to only get probation down here but I guess that's what money do. The Judge and DA talk about violating him the first chance they get all the time tho