Nearly half of men think they can safely land a plane in an emergency, survey finds

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Microsoft Flight Simulator put the battery in their back.....

LmpwZw

:whoa:

Press the wrong button and turn the plane upside-down, brehs.​

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
If they walk you through step by step i don’t see why not :manny:
Still not that easy as the avg person don’t know the layout of a cockpit

First you have to know what heading to fly, your altitude and airspeed and that’s if you are in a twin engine jet in which most are required to have 2 pilots at minimum

But if your in a single pilot aircraft and your the passenger nowadays you don’t need to know how to land the plane.. Just press the emergency button and the plane will located the nearest aircraft, contact the tower on its own and land on its on

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
ILS freq lines the plane up with the runway on approach. If you have no idea what any of that means you have no chance

If somebody has 1000s of hours on a modern flight sim(pretty goddamn realistic) they absolutely can be talked down in clear weather. Better chance than letting it run out of fuel.
I was stationed at a Marine Corps Air Station and got in a flight sim a couple times. I also know what those terms mean.

I couldn't even tell what buttons to press to start it.

Cats in here just be saying anything.​

ItsPeople

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Still not that easy as the avg person don’t know the layout of a cockpit

First you have to know what heading to fly, your altitude and airspeed and that’s if you are in a twin engine jet in which most are required to have 2 pilots at minimum

But if your in a single pilot aircraft and your the passenger nowadays you don’t need to know how to land the plane.. Just press the emergency button and the plane will located the nearest aircraft, contact the tower on its own and land on its on

No one said it would be easy but in a life or death situation, strap me in :dame: