Ned Stark: The Honorable Fool

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Ned never asked for this shyt :pacspit:

that fakkit Robert won the war and decided to hit neutral on life. Let your wife get her back blown out by her brother brehs :hhh: Let Littlefinger kill the man you look up to as a father brehs :hhh: Be the King but refuse to rule and guilt-trip your honorable friend into the job of cleaning up your mess brehs :hhh: Be so shook you try to assassinate a little girl half a world away brehs :hhh: Get lured to death by the cousin who was also blowing your wifes back out brehs :hhh:

There's a reason the Stark kids still reference and look up to their father, why Jon & Arya wear their hair and armor just like him, why Sansa made that cloak for Jon just like the one Ned had, etc. Meanwhile every other child on the show is either ashamed of, hates, or kills their parents :ufdup:
Powerful post breh :wow:

Felt that shyt

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Ned was just an example that to win the game of thrones you can't be honorable. Most of what Ned did was in the books so it wasn't terrible writing that got him in his predicament..Ned never wanted to be hand in the first place. He had no choice. Why would he have supported Robert killing dany and viserys while he himself is protecting a targaryen in Jon? He also didn't know that Robert was going to die and figured he'd have his back.

Exactly. I’m binging for the first time. The 1st season is still my favorite of the 4 I’ve finished. Ned wasn’t an idiot he was honorable to a fault. He trusted the “law” and it failed him. His only option was to usurp the throne by force which he wasn’t willing to do.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wp-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F07%252FGame-of-Thrones.gif%252Ffit-in__1200x9600.gif

"SPEAK SENSE TO THIS HONORABLE FOOL!!!"

Jokes aside. I thought Robert was right simply because his points were sound. They were based on fact, whereas Ned was just "but we'll look baaaaad!" We're talking a psycho dad's daughter and a bunch of Dothraki screamers potentially coming for my people. And what...I'm supposed to just wait until you show up? fukk outta here.

I can acquiesce that it's easier to see his Robert's point b/c we knew what was going on on the other side, whereas in the Small Council, Robert just sounds like he wants to just kill another Targaryen. HOWEVER. Even if we can all agree that Robert was wrong to want to Targaryens killed, that doesn't explain what he did in regards to Joffrey's parentage. That shyt was just dumb.

That was his code. Like Tony Montana or Omar.

Ned wasn't down with killing kids. He and Robert fell out after Tywin killed Rhager’s kids during Robert’s rebellion.

They only patched things up when they came together to mourn Lyanna death.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes. He LIED and said the kid was HIS. You can’t pick and choose when you want to be honorable. He should have never made the promise if he really cares about that succession bullshyt that caused the game of thrones
The other outcome is his homie/king murdering his nephew against his sisters dying wish