Need help... Does anyone use a Maschine x Logic Pro X workflow?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Basically, I figured out my main issue with completing beats.

I like Maschine, its sounds, and all its functionality that I am able to use but I hate its workflow as far as mixing and arranging.

I avctually prefer Logics linear arrangement setup and effects like reverb, EQ, etc.

So I spent most of last night looking up ways that I can arrange in Logic simply with shat I create.

The closest thing I found was that I had to actually arrange in Maschine then export the audio to logic just to mix. Its a work around since I have templates in Maschine that assist in arranging but when I try to just export regular loops/patterns of instruments it doesnt seem to export the audio. It won't export audio unless it's a scene.

And then, theres the opening the Maschine DAW within Logic but ifk... I dont get to use the entire hardware the way I like and it has issues at some point. Also, I dont think I can use it to make melodies..

I also know that you can set the maschine midi to work with logic but thats not what I want either. I basically want to be able to create my loops and basic idea on Maschine then transfer to logic to arrange and possibly add logic sounds to a beat.

Ive looked around and looked at videos for hours... Anybody else use this combination and might be able to help?

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
Basically, I figured out my main issue with completing beats.

I like Maschine, its sounds, and all its functionality that I am able to use but I hate its workflow as far as mixing and arranging.

I avctually prefer Logics linear arrangement setup and effects like reverb, EQ, etc.

So I spent most of last night looking up ways that I can arrange in Logic simply with shat I create.

The closest thing I found was that I had to actually arrange in Maschine then export the audio to logic just to mix. Its a work around since I have templates in Maschine that assist in arranging but when I try to just export regular loops/patterns of instruments it doesnt seem to export the audio. It won't export audio unless it's a scene.

And then, theres the opening the Maschine DAW within Logic but ifk... I dont get to use the entire hardware the way I like and it has issues at some point. Also, I dont think I can use it to make melodies..

I also know that you can set the maschine midi to work with logic but thats not what I want either. I basically want to be able to create my loops and basic idea on Maschine then transfer to logic to arrange and possibly add logic sounds to a beat.

Ive looked around and looked at videos for hours... Anybody else use this combination and might be able to help?

This?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

Nah not really but Ive seen this already. Its similar except without doing it this way.

Basically if I create a loop in maschine, I want to drop it and be able to drag it out and arrange/Mix it kinda how you can do with apple loops in seperate tracks.

Ive seen it done the way i. This video but It's not a good workflow imo. And then im not sure if it also works with melodies.

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
Nah not really but Ive seen this already. Its similar except without doing it this way.

Basically if I create a loop in maschine, I want to drop it and be able to drag it out and arrange/Mix it kinda how you can do with apple loops in seperate tracks.

Ive seen it done the way i. This video but It's not a good workflow imo. And then im not sure if it also works with melodies.

These are the only two left I know of. Drop the midi as one clip and trigger scenes within your daw.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

Also

The way he is doing it is a pain in the ass.. Plus hes fukking up (midi pattern and aux patterns arent even matching up)

I know DDS825 does his whole mixing in Logic but not his arranging. Im trying to find an easier way to get the loops I create on maschine without going through 30 steps to get it on logic.

His way wasnt simple and he kept fukking up which made it confusing