Nektar IMPACT vs Arturia MiniLab vs Alexis V25

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

420MWO.com
Daps
All of these seem to be around the same price so I'm looking to get a consensus on which one is the best option. Anyone here have experience with these?

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
I had the Inpact 25key first gen. Great build quality all round, below par software integration.
Had an Arturia Keylab first gen. The keybed, knobs and faders were horrible quality, slightly better software integration.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

420MWO.com
Daps
I had the Inpact 25key first gen. Great build quality all round, below par software integration.
Had an Arturia Keylab first gen. The keybed, knobs and faders were horrible quality, slightly better software integration.
Would you take slightly better software integration over the build quality?

Tom Foolery

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
Would you take slightly better software integration over the build quality?
Hell no. The cost to repair the keybed is not worth the trade-off for the marginal better software.

At the end of the day, you still need to use your mouse. So having a sturdy and responsive keybed is top priority.

I need a new keyboard as well, so I'll probably test them all out by next week.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

420MWO.com
Daps
Hell no. The cost to repair the keybed is not worth the trade-off for the marginal better software.

At the end of the day, you still need to use your mouse. So having a sturdy and responsive keybed is top priority.

I need a new keyboard as well, so I'll probably test them all out by next week.
Thank you for the insight. Where do you go to test out the keyboards?

What Daw are you using?
Haven’t started with beatmaking yet. I’ve mostly a studio guy for recording but sometimes use Audacity to self-record demos at home

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
I have the impact and the minilab, no experience with Alesis. Get the impact, it's more for the money

The impact integrates smoothly with studio one and reason and a bunch of other ones. You can even browse and insert tracks with it. Start, stop, loop on, loop off.

The minilab doesn't even have a transport section (play, stop, record, etc), and has been only useful for connecting with some softsynths on my iPad and analog lab. it does come with a midi editor but since you just started that's probably not useful. And the impact already does most of what a person would program

Last edited:

Tom Foolery

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
Thank you for the insight. Where do you go to test out the keyboards?
Any music/guitar/instrument store should have some on display.

Also, I think I misrepresented Nektar's DAW integration. It's probably the best, but I didn't like the lack of faders on the impact 25. Sold it and got the P1.