Net Neutrality is dead. Its official. Edit: FCC's new rules protect Net Neutrality

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't know how I missed this post, but you should read this :
http://www.wired.com/2013/07/we-nee...-government-for-dismal-broadband-competition/

Why cant we attack the regulations that stifle the market? Let's open this thing up and watch competition work. Title 2 is not necessary. And there's reason to believe
22643274.jpg

I wholeheartedly agree. I mentioned that in the post you quoted. But we'd need to get at all 50 states in order to make that happen...

Little to nothing the Fed gov't can do except make the internet a public utility, which in turn makes it even more protected again competition.
But it makes then live up to a 'standard' of service, but they get to dictate what that is. Yet if they fail to live up to it, they can turn it over to the next company.

humble forever

All Star
Daps
Best thread title edit :blessed:

now I see some brehs talking about attacking the regulations that stifle the market, and I want to get into the discussion but i'm semi uninformed. I read somewhere that the way to do it is let the city build the broadband network

*edit*
The nation’s top telecommunications regulator is moving to allow more cities and towns to build broadband networks that would provide high-speed Internet access.

Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler will unveil this week an order granting petitions filed by municipal broadband providers in Chattanooga, Tenn., and Wilson, N.C., that would overturn laws in those states restricting communities from offering broadband service.

A majority of the FCC’s five commissioners must approve any proposal. The vote is set for an open meeting on Feb. 26.

“Communities across the nation know that access to robust broadband is key to their economic future and the future of their citizens. Many communities have found that existing private-sector broadband deployment or investment fails to meet their needs,” Mr. Wheeler said in a statement. “They should be able to make their own decisions about building the networks they need to thrive.”

http://www.wsj.com/articles/fcc-seeks-to-allow-more-cities-to-build-broadband-networks-1422903974

This could bust it wide open brehs :whoo: now companies would really need to compete

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I wholeheartedly agree. I mentioned that in the post you quoted. But we'd need to get at all 50 states in order to make that happen...

Little to nothing the Fed gov't can do except make the internet a public utility, which in turn makes it even more protected again competition.
But it makes then live up to a 'standard' of service, but they get to dictate what that is. Yet if they fail to live up to it, they can turn it over to the next company

I would love to get all 50 states deregulated and foster more competition, but it doesn't have to happen all at once. It would likely start with more heavily populated states, and since states compete for jobs and technological advancement, there would be a domino effect. Prices come down, service improves.

I'm not sure why or even if you think the Feds making the internet a public utility creates more competition. Could you clear that up? Also, are you saying if ISPs fail to meet Federal standards, the Feds will hand the company over to someone else....or? I don't understand.

We will regret giving federal government so much power over the internet.

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would love to get all 50 states deregulated and foster more competition, but it doesn't have to happen all at once. It would likely start with more heavily populated states, and since states compete for jobs and technological advancement, there would be a domino effect. Prices come down, service improves.

I'm not sure why or even if you think the Feds making the internet a public utility creates more competition. Could you clear that up? Also, are you saying if ISPs fail to meet Federal standards, the Feds will hand the company over to someone else....or? I don't understand.

We will regret giving federal government so much power over the internet.

I meant against and ideally they would be held accountable for not providing the standard of service they are supposed to offer federally.

Were already regretting giving the state govt all this control, we lost already.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
This will be a campaign issue in 2016. Will republicans follow the Ted Cruz route to absolute ridicule or take Obama's position. Net neutrality hasn't been a historically partisan issue. Many tech dons are libertarians and they support net neutrality. Yet they've donated to Obama and certain democrats because republicans have decided anything Obama is for MUST be opposed. shyt is childish.

My concern is that Hillary is far more Wall Street and corporate than Obama. She's going to win in 2016...will she continue FCC support of net neutrality or cash those Comcast checks?

gho3st

plata or plomo
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
my shyt went up 20 dollars :heh: with no warning whatsoever. Had to double check my name on the bill to make sure shyt was really intended for me :russ:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

The whole video is gold, but the first fifteen minutes will make the point.

muse

thats 2 kids! im out!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chi sagittarii
so is this gonna be a yearly fight or a one and done?
i dont learn about these things until its like a month before the deadline

superunknown23

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Comcast is taking its revenge on customers by jacking up prices right now
They have a total monopoly on cable TV & internet here in Philly (I got Directv though):mjcry:

superunknown23

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder how they got that monopoly. :lolbron:
Their headquarters are here... and they've bought off all the politicians (democrats, independents and republicans).
It was really amazing seeing the entire PA congressional delegation backing the Time Warner takeover attempt last year.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Comcast is taking its revenge on customers by jacking up prices right now
They have a total monopoly on cable TV & internet here in Philly (I got Directv though):mjcry:

You not in a area where they couldn’t block Verizon Fios?

Them fukks run the city they in talks for a third damn tower