Netflix announces "Quarterback". A docuseries following Mahomes, Mariota, and Cousins

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s probably the point

Also shows how delusional fans are: there’s probably no more than 4,5 QBs with a ceiling definitively higher than Kirk.

There’s the very small room of elite QBs, then the rest are dependent on what’s around them.

We thought Lamar would be there, but he can’t stay healthy (or get weapons?, or throw? We don’t know). Watson fell off a cliff. Dak suddenly falls off. Herbert seems to be stalled. Hurts we assume will be there but gotta see it again.

True. But in fairness, a lot of a QB being good depends on what's around them, and their general situation. All those guys have some sort of out for being mid last year.

Lamar has a lack of real weapons, and was running an offense that it was clear wasn't helping him grow, and needed to go a season or two ago.

Watson hadn't played in nearly two years. Anyone expecting him to come back and ball immediately was crazy.

Dak had the injury, and might have actually needed Amari Cooper more then they thought.

Herbert didn't have his best receivers on field together for large chunks of the season, and had a collection of the most confusing coaches involved in building and calling the offense.

shyt, I'd almost rather watch a season with a mix of those guys, honestly.

We need Pat Sr cameos

Watching them spend a couple of episodes just so set up "I'm smoking on that Joe Burrow" is gonna be good. :mjlol:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
True. But in fairness, a lot of a QB being good depends on what's around them, and their general situation. All those guys have some sort of out for being mid last year.

Lamar has a lack of real weapons, and was running an offense that it was clear wasn't helping him grow, and needed to go a season or two ago.

Watson hadn't played in nearly two years. Anyone expecting him to come back and ball immediately was crazy.

Dak had the injury, and might have actually needed Amari Cooper more then they thought.

Herbert didn't have his best receivers on field together for large chunks of the season, and had a collection of the most confusing coaches involved in building and calling the offense.

shyt, I'd almost rather watch a season with a mix of those guys, honestly.

Watching them spend a couple of episodes just so set up "I'm smoking on that Joe Burrow" is gonna be good. :mjlol:
You read my mind I agree with all that, which is why I’m hesistant to rate the shiny new thing over boring over-hated Kirk. Like look at Kyler Kyrah is he closer to top 5 or to top 20? Complete variable.

Cam Newton and Carson wentz are prime examples. Thought of as elite until oops actually nah nevrmind they not

Also Matt Stafford. In 1 swoop he went from ‘meh’ to damn we gotta re-examine his whole career we was we sleeping …same for Matt Ryan if he woulda won that chip. Kirk resume is very Matt Ryan-like

GatorStaceyAdams

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC (but PGH will forever be home)
You read my mind I agree with all that, which is why I’m hesistant to rate the shiny new thing over boring over-hated Kirk. Like look at Kyler Kyrah is he closer to top 5 or to top 20? Complete variable.

Cam Newton and Carson wentz are prime examples. Thought of as elite until oops actually nah nevrmind they not

Also Matt Stafford. In 1 swoop he went from ‘meh’ to damn we gotta re-examine his whole career we was we sleeping …same for Matt Ryan if he woulda won that chip. Kirk resume is very Matt Ryan-like

Ehh I think you may be conflating ability with longevity.

At one point- Cam Newton was certainly considered elite (Top-3, 5 QB's). Even Matt Ryan had an elite couple of years.

The problem with Kirk is that he has NEVER been considered elite. He has had a very fruitful and long career, but again, never been in that top pantheon of QB's.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Be interesting to see bts of Mariota being that nicca give you nothing when he actually on your team. Mf was wit the Titans for years & nobody got too much from breh on some Jake Locker shyt