Netflix Exploring Live Streaming For First Time; Plans To Roll Out For Unscripted Series & Stand-Up

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
i mean buying IP could be good but they don't even need that...

literally go back to what had them growing 5-10 years ago..

GOOD SHOWS, not random crap or the cheapest crap that i didn't need the subtitles on to watch.
They grew because of other companies' ip not their own. They overextended on original content, especially shytty ones, too early.

They should have bought fox and it gonna bite them hard.

Live streaming at least allows them the ability to host award shows or potentially sports

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
peak netflix 2017 had:

og OITNB of course
season 3 narcos
season 2 stranger things
the crown season 2 (never watched but you know they love that shyt)
master of none season 2
house of cards (final season with the creepy mf)
13 reason why (not my thing but highly popular)
season 1 GLOW
season 1 mind hunter
season 1 punisher

now look at you :scust:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
but they were literally putting out quality project after quality project for 5 years before they went OD with greenlighting anything and everything lol

that's the shyt that i don't get :dwillhuh:

Ok..,, Out of the countless projects they dropped, what percentage would you say were actually quality and rivaled what their competitors are dropping…. HBO MAX, Apple TV, Hulu, Amazon, etc

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
exactly nobody subscribing for that shyt lol

when birdbox dropped (which if we being honest was low key a throw away movie and why it ended up there lol)

it went viral because it was the first time they dropped something like that... now they dropping a couple a month... it's not a viral sensation. nobody cares. majority of these networks pulled their shows off your platform... time to go back to what made you successful... if they want growth anyway...

i bet next quarter they gonna have even more losses. i think a lot of people were only holding on for the end of ozarks which got mixed reviews lol.

meanwhile HBOMax giving you the batman movie 5 weeks after it dropped in theaters... disney got pixar/star wars/marvel shyt and is half the price of netflix.

i can't speak for peacock, but i do love amazon prime still and that shyt just comes on the side with my packages.

Yup me nnmy bytch just got disney/hulu/espn….also got hbomax and amazon…i barely watch neflix(fam lets me use)

shyt im on youtube more than netflix

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok..,, Out of the countless projects they dropped, what percentage would you say were actually quality and rivaled what their competitors are dropping…. HBO MAX, Apple TV, Hulu, Amazon, etc

i mean early era netflix i would say the had a high percentage... but they clearly were being selective

apple TV just got good imo.. so they batting .200

amazon... i cant put a percent on but in general the shows i know of... the hitting more than missing fo rme

never watched at hulu original

HBO still the goat tho... last hard HBO misfire that I can remember is... I don't even know

Daps
peak netflix 2017 had:

og OITNB of course
season 3 narcos
season 2 stranger things
the crown season 2 (never watched but you know they love that shyt)
master of none season 2
house of cards (final season with the creepy mf)
13 reason why (not my thing but highly popular)
season 1 GLOW
season 1 mind hunter
season 1 punisher

now look at you :scust:

One of the dumbest moves they made was canceling their marvel shows because of a Disney dispute.

If it was me, I'd have rode that marvel train till the wheels fell off. You see what Sony is doing. They aint giving up that money train. Just the association with marvel is gonna print money for you. Dummies really canceled Daredevil.

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
How are they going to do the livestreams because some of these streaming platforms that do that will play the same movies in rotation at the same exact time of day everyday. That's cool for a week but I really don't feel like watching Birdbox every day I come home and eat dinner... That's worse than cable.

exactly nobody subscribing for that shyt lol

when birdbox dropped (which if we being honest was low key a throw away movie and why it ended up there lol)

it went viral because it was the first time they dropped something like that... now they dropping a couple a month... it's not a viral sensation. nobody cares. majority of these networks pulled their shows off your platform... time to go back to what made you successful... if they want growth anyway...

i bet next quarter they gonna have even more losses. i think a lot of people were only holding on for the end of ozarks which got mixed reviews lol.

meanwhile HBOMax giving you the batman movie 5 weeks after it dropped in theaters... disney got pixar/star wars/marvel shyt and is half the price of netflix.

i can't speak for peacock, but i do love amazon prime still and that shyt just comes on the side with my packages.

The Will Smith movie "Bright" was the first time they put a big block buster movie out like that.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
One of the dumbest moves they made was canceling their marvel shows because of a Disney dispute.

If it was me, I'd have rode that marvel train till the wheels fell off. You see what Sony is doing. They aint giving up that money train. Just the association with marvel is gonna print money for you. Dummies really canceled Daredevil.

I don't think they had much choice. Sony's relationship with Disney/Marvel isn't really comparable to Netflix's. Disney was always moving those shows over to Disney+ and giving the characters a soft reboot, which we're already seeing with Daredevil. It didn't make much sense for either party to continue those shows.