Netflix Has 175 Days Left To Pull Off A Miracle... Or It's All Over

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Netflix Has 175 Days Left To Pull Off A Miracle... Or It's All Over

Netflix management knows content is king. The company spent $12 billion developing original shows last year. It released 88% more original programming in 2018 than it did the previous year.

And spending on original shows and movies is expected to hit $15 billion this year.

It now invests more in content than any other American TV network.

To fund its new shows, Netflix is borrowing huge sums of debt. It currently owes creditors $10.4 billion, which is 59% more than it owed this time last year.

The problem is that no matter how much Netflix spends, it has no chance to catch up with its biggest rival…

Disney’s cable business has stagnated over the past seven years. But in about 175 days, Disney is set to launch its own streaming service called Disney+.

It’s going to charge $6.99/month—around $6 cheaper than Netflix.

And it’s pulling all its content off of Netflix.

This is a big deal.

Clearly, Disney is king of the blockbuster. Over the past six years, its average film has raked in $1.2 billion at the box office.

So Long Netflix…
Picture this…

Disney puts a blockbuster like Avengers Endgame on its platform the same day it opens in theaters.

After a few weeks it’s no longer in theaters. You can’t buy it. You can’t rent it. The only way to watch is to subscribe to Disney’s steaming service, Disney+.

For example, the only place your children or grandchildren will be able to see Toy Story 4 and Frozen 2 may be on Disney+.

Can you imagine how many parents will sign up for this? I’ll certainly be subscribing for my daughter.

At $6.99/month, what family with kids under 12 years wouldn’t subscribe?

Plus, Disney owns 60% of America’s second-largest and fastest-growing streaming service, Hulu.

Disney has shown it can produce movies and shows people want to watch. No competitor comes within 1,000 miles of Disney’s world of content.

Disney’s ownership of iconic franchises like Star Wars gives it something no money can buy.

Meanwhile, Netflix will lose a lot of its best content—and potentially millions of subscribers who switch to Disney+.

While Netflix is running into debt “trying out” new shows, Disney already has the best of the best in its arsenal.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Here’s a list of the five highest-earning movies of 2018:

1. Avengers Infinity War
  2. Black Panther
  3. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
  4. Incredibles 2
  5. Bohemian Rhapsody
All except Jurassic World are Disney productions. Clearly, Disney is king of the blockbuster. Over the past six years, its average film has raked in $1.2 billion at the box office.

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here’s a list of the five highest-earning movies of 2018:

1. Avengers Infinity War
  2. Black Panther
  3. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
  4. Incredibles 2
  5. Bohemian Rhapsody
All except Jurassic World are Disney productions. Clearly, Disney is king of the blockbuster. Over the past six years, its average film has raked in $1.2 billion at the box office.

lol i dont get the correlation, young people have netflix and subcribe to netflix, its a fact my G and cord cutting is at all all time high. Netflixis going nowhere, Disney can have their blockbusters in the theatre, and their streaming service, but netflix is embedded in todays youth.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Who wrote this piece, Mickey Mouse? I'm probably fukkin' with Disney+ my damn self but get their numbers up first. Netflix has 149 million subscribers worldwide. These dudes need to hit 70 million subs first before they pop shyt

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Umm...are ya'll forgetting the fact that most people will probably just sub to both? Dual sub to both is barely 20 bucks a month. Still dramatically less than cable.

Also, perhaps Netflix will counter with their own upfront annual sub for a discount. I definitely won't be quitting Netflix just for Disney+. I'll just do both.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

NETFLIX NEEDS TO SLOW DOWN WITH THE OG CONTENT.

A LOT OF IT IS TRASH
AND A WASTE OF OUR DOLLARS.

QUALITY OVER QUANTITY.

THEY SHOULD PUT PILOT EPISODES OUT
LIKE AMAZON DOES AT TIMES
AND SEE IF PPL fukk WITH IT.

AMAZON HAS A MUCH BETTER RATIO OF GOOD CONTENT
BECAUSE THEY DONT GREEN LIGHT A MILLION PROJECTS.

NETFLIX GIVING COMEDIANS 8 FIGURES FOR STAND UPS IS RIDICULOUS.

THEYRE JUST BURNING MONEY OVER THERE.
:devil:
:evil: