New Beat Tape Series Vol.3 Soul!

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
Happy New Year Tunnel Fam! Hope Everyone is good. I'm continuing my beat tape series. If anybody has ever paid attention to my production then you know I LOVE to mess with the soul samples. Well with the volume I pulled together some of my older samples and for the first time in this series created brand NEW compositions :whoo:
Got to putting my software together and got the itch to create. 7 tracks on here were created within the last 3 weeks. Please take a listen at your convenience and provide feedback if possible.
Also I plan to try to organize the next Beat Competition within the next month:obama: I have already started working on new shyt and look forward to winning this year :demonic:
Let's Get it!! :salute:

@KushSkywalker @producingfire @MichaelWhite @901Cory10 @kingdizzy01 @Leezy337
@KillSpray @Tom Foolery @bigdaddy88 @NormanConnors @1986
@Double Burger With Cheese @franknitty711 @Wepa Man @LauderdaleBoss @DBR @CuzinQ @TEKBEATZ
@BlackDroog
@clanarchy
@FruitOfTheVale
@How Sway?
@JBone4eva
@The Unknown Hype @hex @Chip Skylark
@Tommy Gibbs
@mbewane
@Tflasha
@DJ Mart-Kos
@head shots101
@ShaDynasty
@A.V.
@KingOFKings
@CrushedGroove

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
You
Lowdown 1
More Bounce
Sweet

Those were my favorites in order, I liked how you riffed off of classics and stayed true to the original bounce for the most part.
Thanks for listening breh:salute:. I tried to give each one a Bigrod update but not disrespect the classic sound of it :mjgrin:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
You got some dope flips in here fam. Good shyt my nikka.

I'll come back and drop my thoughts after I hear the whole tape. If it takes a few days and it look like I might forget, just tag me. Its all good.

so far im at Lowdown and that shyt is fire.

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
Lowdown 1 :leon:

Lowdown 1

Yeah that one is real smooth. :wow:

Fred.

so far im at Lowdown and that shyt is fire
Hell I was around some folks(caucasian) and they played this song and I had totally forgot it existed :ohhh: so I started researching and realized it was a white dude Boz Scaggs :merchant:
so I found a partial midi track and started filling in the rest. :wow:
This was the first new track I started working on and it was like divine intervention because it was coming together so well I called a female friend and asked her to put a hustle routine to it :whoo:
out of all these I won't lie, it's my baby and favorite right now :pachaha:
I'm glad y'all like it :obama:

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
You
Lowdown 1
More Bounce
Sweet

Those were my favorites in order, I liked how you riffed off of classics and stayed true to the original bounce for the most part.
I've been writing fam. And all your projects are dope. Whatever you like through any of these projects. Let's work :myman:
but right now my pen is mad and deadly. I'm going to renegade EVERYTHING. :demonic:
i'm just kidding. Let's work fam...:myman:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:whew: entire tape is fire. Very interesting concept and you nailed every track. Rod you're a very talented brotha, ear is immaculate.

My favs overall

That Herb Alpert :damn::damn::damn::damn:

Lowdown - you flexed on this:mjgrin:, Boz def has some heat, to me he's in that Bobby Caldwell/Michael Franks bag

Friends And Strangers :obama:. If a remember correctly you dropped this one (or at least a different version) sometime ago. Either way its still
:ohlawd:. Ronnie Laws is a G and the titled track is one of my fav of all time. My pops used to blast the OG on wax all of the time when I was youngin and I just recently started for my new son (never too early lol). I also played him this to test his ear:ufdup:. He was :ohhh: at first then settled in to:ahh:after recognizing the melody, the OG is a track I use to help settle him down.

YG - :scust::scust::scust:
That bassline/snare combo is filthy. Im trying to place this one. I want to say Tony Toni Tone - Annie May but my brain is failing me at the moment.

You - beautiful composition :mjcry:, justice was served on this 1000%

Sweet - :whoo::whoo::whoo:. YO I ran this back the most other than Rise. You did the impossible and added some Detroit shyt to something that was already Detroit personified :sas2::obama:.

Shine On - the drum/percussion work:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:.

I know everyone is rocking with Lowdown as the clear cut fav. Def dope as hell, but to me its either Rise or Sweet, incredible work, either way those are the clear cut top 3 imo.

The way these joints were produced I was craving to hear some vocals as well, maybe even taking it a step further and doing totally different lyrics over the beats. I actually trust in/believe you could put that together with no problem. Alicia Keys just tried to do that recently with a Sade sample and failed miserably imo:francis:

This might be the best Rod tape yet:ld:

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
:whew: entire tape is fire. Very interesting concept and you nailed every track. Rod you're a very talented brotha, ear is immaculate.

My favs overall

That Herb Alpert :damn::damn::damn::damn:

Lowdown - you flexed on this:mjgrin:, Boz def has some heat, to me he's in that Bobby Caldwell/Michael Franks bag

Friends And Strangers :obama:. If a remember correctly you dropped this one (or at least a different version) sometime ago. Either way its still
:ohlawd:. Ronnie Laws is a G and the titled track is one of my fav of all time. My pops used to blast the OG on wax all of the time when I was youngin and I just recently started for my new son (never too early lol). I also played him this to test his ear:ufdup:. He was :ohhh: at first then settled in to:ahh:after recognizing the melody, the OG is a track I use to help settle him down.

YG - :scust::scust::scust:
That bassline/snare combo is filthy. Im trying to place this one. I want to say Tony Toni Tone - Annie May but my brain is failing me at the moment.

You - beautiful composition :mjcry:, justice was served on this 1000%

Sweet - :whoo::whoo::whoo:. YO I ran this back the most other than Rise. You did the impossible and added some Detroit shyt to something that was already Detroit personified :sas2::obama:.

Shine On - the drum/percussion work:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:.

I know everyone is rocking with Lowdown as the clear cut fav. Def dope as hell, but to me its either Rise or Sweet, incredible work, either way those are the clear cut top 3 imo.

The way these joints were produced I was craving to hear some vocals as well, maybe even taking it a step further and doing totally different lyrics over the beats. I actually trust in/believe you could put that together with no problem. Alicia Keys just tried to do that recently with a Sade sample and failed miserably imo:francis:

This might be the best Rod tape yet:ld:
It's appreciated my dude. This review definitely made my day.:myman: Ironically the top 3 you listed, I HAVE written new hooks to all them :lolbron: actually been submitting some of these to various artists. I'm ready to work this year :salute: