New Chris Brown Documentary Will Explore How He Went From ‘America’s Sweetheart To Public Enemy’

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

"
Cris Brown is one of the most divisive figures in pop culture. His Team Breezy fan army is relentless, but so are his critics. For all the hit songs he has, there are just as many negative headlines.

That dynamic, it seems, will be explored in a new documentary, Chris Brown: Welcome to My Life, which the singer said is “coming soon,” while also sharing the official poster.

The tagline is particularly notable: “He went from being America’s sweetheart to public enemy number one.”

That evolution, of course, references his breakout superstardom as a teen last decade and the subsequent shift in his public image after his 2009 assault against Rihanna, as well as a number of incidents — storming out of Good Morning America, jail time — that followed.

“Proud of this project I had the opportunity to direct!” the film’s director, Andrew Sandler, wrote on Instagram. “The response from this poster alone today has been crazy. Wait till you see the film.”

If the doc does deeply dive into Brown’s life, with a particular focus on his 10-plus years in the spotlight and the many ups and downs visible during that stretch, this could be a revealing offering. We’ll have to wait and see, though.

"

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
I can save you some money and tell you right now

from beatin this up
giphy.gif

Daps
The documentary is nowhere done as far as I'm concerned.

I know some people might not like this, but Chris Brown is only 26 and he ain't done screwing up yet. Every year since the incident he's been doing something wrong.:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He beat the shyt out of a female, got raked through the coals for it publicly (rightfully so), then became a lost nikka, no documentary necessary. If that shyt never happened we wouldn't have this Tupac Biggums character, nikka got the spirit of a thug and the attributes of a basehead, shyt is actually disgusting

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
:camby:

This "documentary" is produced by his label to give him some sympathy for his failing career. Yea I know he has some songs on black radio, but his mainstream appeal is dead. This would have never came out if he was still popping outside of the narrow demographic he appeals to

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
He was always that dude. The cookie cutter shyt was what all entertainers do to appeal to mainstream. And he wasn't America's sweetheart. He was one of the good black guys and now is the one of the bad ones.

Me personally that Rhianna shyt is the best thing to ever happen to his career. It let him out the box to be the artist he was always meant to be. Had it not this nikka would be on bow wow status.