[New Music] 9th Wonder – Marley Marl’s Future Flavas [Mixtape]

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
IMG_1634-977x1024.jpg

“September 21, 2003….the night after I played beats for Jay-Z…I took a ride to Marley Marl’s house to be on #FutureFlavors radio show. Marley Marl asked me to get on the CDJ’s to play some tunes. A few folk have it…..but I’m letting it go today…..shouts to Marley Marl and Aisle 12″ – 9TH WONDER

@Firefly @Billy Ocean @2meo @Hades @Brayden @Funcrusher @Keyser Soze @EA @DrexlersCut @Deltron @JamieFoxxHairline @NormanConnors @Piff Pekins @OnlyInCalifornia @MichaelStrathanGap @Tuaminator @Danie84 @Urbanmiracle @KILLAKUTT7 @WuGambino @Wallychamp @Omerta @atlbound @Yoda @spliz @shopant @stomachlines @hustlemania @MC Metaphysical @Shogun @Xxplosive @SoulController @Walt @Art Barr @mobbinfms @Heretic @Illeye buckmatic @JCalli @NVious @TheDarceKnight @West Coast Avenger @Memory Man @Torrential @Ziggiy @biscuitsnbangers @DANJ! @feelosofer @King @Bay Area @Money Mase @UghhFan @Xenos @Ugo Ogugwa @Keyser Soze @Ensi @JaneG33 @JulesWinfield @treezee @Lord Mecca @Rakim Allah @CSquare43 @doublenegative @clanarchy @TezMilli @Gentle Jones @Foxmulder @mobbinfms @7Revo @toomanydoses @TripleAgent @JulesWinfield @Mac Man

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Oh man yall have no idea how much I'm enjoying this. I have all these tracks but they are scattered across multiple hard drives. Great to have them all on one mix.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
The following error occurred:
stop.gif

Slow down on the reps breh!

Thanks for posting. What We Are was always a top 5 9th beat to me. Glad to hear it again. I think 9th said it used to be his favorite.

A few of the beats were produced by Khrysis by the way (Underworld, Pure, I'm a Star, Two Sides, and Shinin')

So much nostalgia on this.My entire late high school and early college years are flooding back into my head.This was such a fun time to be in NC.

Here are songs for the instrumentals on here. Any instrumentals on there that I don't have songs down below either never got recorded to, or if they do, they aren't on youtube or I don't know what they are. If anyone wants any of the other songs or artist info for the joints that have vocals on them just let me know.

Strongest Man

Mass Flying

Walk On By

Alright

Fast Girls

It's Just Pretend

Church

Welcome to Durham

Bad Man

Tension

Just Like A Star

Last edited:

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Why are 9th Wonder's drums s crappy?

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
fukk it. I'm just gonna go ahead and post every full song on here that I know, either from the joints with vocals or or the instrumentals that I recognize. BTW it's cool that some of these beats like Mass Flying and It's Just Pretend didn't get used until almost a decade later.

Everything produced by 9th Wonder unless noted

JL heads enjoy!
Heart of the City

Strongest Man

Comfortable

How Big Is Your World

Mass Flying

Intergalactic Soul

Walk On By

Alright

Pure (feat. Phonte) prod. Khrysis

Fast Girls

I'm a Star (feat. Joe Scudda, Chaundon, & Median) prod. Khrysis

It's Just Pretend

Two Sides (feat. Spectac & L.E.G.A.C.Y.) prod. Khrysis

Darlin' Darlin' (Big Pooh & Joe Scudda)

I'm Nothing

All You Got

Two Extremes

Church

The Shining prod. Khrysis

Imperfect World

On The Way

The Way You Do It

The Get Up prod. Eccentric

Insomnia

Welcome to Durham

Bad Man

Tension

Sista Girl

Just Like A Star

Let's Move prod. Nicolay

Final Interview beat

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Why are 9th Wonder's drums s crappy?

I'm real biased but I never thought they were. Did people not like that he programmed the drums on Fruity Loops, or did they just think he had repetitive drums? I don't disagree that most of his beats had real similar drums and drum patterns, but I liked them.

Actually the weird part is that he finally did sort of change the drums up up on the Chemistry album with Buckshot. And that's actually one of my least favorite sets of 9th beats.

If it was the fact that he used Fruity Loops then I always called BS on that. Back on the Justus League message board, The LAWN, 9th Wonder made a challenge. When he and Buckshot did The Formula (their 2nd collab project) that was the first time 9th used an MPC. 5 of the beats on that album got made with an MPC and he put up a challenge with a few hundred bucks to anyone that could guess the 5 beats and nobody could. The thread had a lot of replies too.

I'm sure someone out there could guess the 5, but no one there did. Including some other producers.