New research puts age of universe at 26.7 billion years, nearly twice as old as previously believed

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I see how you can come to that conclusion but that's not how it works.
What scientists believe in is the scientific method, what religious people believe is it's opposite.
The scientific method includes rigorous skepticism about any findings that you may have and to always question any finding because the finding may alter your thinking or make you over-confident.

In the face of new evidence you are supposed to update your theories, this is how humanity evolves.

We arent talking about the scientist themselves. We are talking about coli posters,and other average citizens who like to flex their intelligence passing off scientific hunches as concrete facts:mjlol:.

This new study is grade A bullshyt as well just to be clear. This is unproveable based on humans current scope of knowledge.

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
Believe it or not, I've been going to church lately, this week is my 2nd time :manny:
It's a Lutheran church, mostly older brehs and crehs, and two couples who talk about philosophy and the news in a Biblical context

I crate dig fairly often and met the pastor at a thrift shop, we talked about how life needs to be a game you can use shortcuts in :ehh:

I'm an atheist, but nihilistic/fatalistic (same thing nowadays :mjpls:) empiricism is like watching paint dry, it's as hollow as fundamentalism :scust:

Martin Luther (NOT Rev. JR.) was a 15th century coli creh :mjpls I fw it, Pascal's wager doesn't seem so bad ngl...

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
taking measures of a portion of eternity*
"he picketh up the isles as a very little thing"
637332945.gif