New Weekly Beat Battle Forum

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Hey y'all, before thecoli I used to hang out on the Stones Throw message boards.
Back in the day, Flying Lotus, JonWayne, Dibia$e, and other underground west coast producers would drop gems from time to time. They had a weekly beat battle that's been going on for over ten years now (they're on 600+ edition).

Unfortunately, Stones Throw took down their forums the other week with basically no notice, so none of the historic shyt, like unreleased Low End Theory beatmaker beattapes got saved. :mjcry:

But the cats who did the beat battle are a tight knit community, so they quickly set up another forum here:
STBB Forever - Index page

I know y'all like to do beat battles here, so there's a place you can do it a consistent basis.

Peace.

@Wepa Man @FunkDoc1112 @TEKBEATZ @Dippa1947 @choppybeats @BronxFleeZ @Kamikaze Revy @ThaRealness @DJ Mart-Kos] @Doobie Doo @Mahirishi @Ace of the Metropolitan

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
Thanks man, i didn't even know it got shut down. I'm on there to. Participated a couple of battles but never won.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Thanks man, i didn't even know it got shut down. I'm on there to. Participated a couple of battles but never won.
yeah, it's a shame - I knew it was coming, but figured they'd give us SOME heads up so we could archive the good shyt. :snoop:

I participated for years and never won :pachaha:

They have their own "style" they like to hear. The funny thing is, a lot of my more classic boom-bap style beats would get replayed hundreds of times years down the line :pachaha:

Filled up a whole soundcloud :wow:
and I was making short beats :damn: