New York City Council aims to allow foreign citizens to vote in elections

Discussion in 'Higher Learning' started by OfTheCross, Nov 29, 2021.

1. OfTheCross

OfTheCross Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Down With Foreign-Citizen Voting in American Elections

Approximately 808,000 “noncitizens” may vote in future New York City elections, if the City Council welcomes them to do so, as early as December. These potential new members of the electorate would include green card holders and those with certain work permits.

This is a rotten idea. However, love or hate it, everyone at least should debate this concept with maximum precision.

These 808,000 potential new voters are not noncitizens. The computer on which I write these words is a noncitizen. So is the medium via which you are reading them right now.

Rather than noncitizens, these people are foreign citizens. While they are not American citizens, they remain citizens of the foreign nations from whence they came—Mexico, Haiti, Russia, Singapore, New Zealand, and dozens more.

Every human is a citizen of some country. A human noncitizen is not a thing.

So, pro or con, all discussions of this brainstorm should reflect what’s at stake:

The New York City Council aims to dilute the local votes of American citizens by extending the franchise to 808,000 foreign citizens.
    This would include letting approximately 117,500 citizens of Red China select the mayors, City Council members, district attorneys, and other officials of America’s most populous municipality.

There really is no bottom to the depravity and evil of the Democrat Party, most of whose local members cheer this proposal. But astonishingly, and to his rare credit, Gotham’s far-left Mayor Bill de Blasio is not among them.

“I do have reservations,” de Blasio said on Tuesday. “So, I understand if folks say, ‘Hey, I’m somewhere on the path toward citizenship.’ But I also have feelings about citizenship and the value of citizenship and wanting to encourage people to become citizens, fully.”

De Blasio also argues that this matter should be decided by the state Legislature, not the City Council. A left-wing idea must be truly wretched not to enjoy de Blasio’s support.

Conversely, New York’s mayor-elect, Eric Adams, backs giving foreign citizens the vote. This position T-bones at 100 miles per hour into the widespread view that Adams is a moderate-to-conservative Democrat. Does this exception prove the rule or is it an ominous preview of horrors to come? As a certain former president loves to say: We’ll see what happens.

This wacky idea extends beyond Gotham. Left-wing politicians already empowered foreign citizens to vote for San Francisco school board and in local races in two Vermont cities and 11 Maryland communities.

And if foreigners may vote for school board and sheriff, why not state senator and governor?

What the left wants is more. Why not let green card holders vote in state elections? If this sounds too crazy to contemplate, remember how they all laughed at the Green New Deal, when Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., unveiled it in 2019? “Not gonna happen,” the smart set chuckled.

Well, President Joe Biden just signed huge chunks of the Green New Deal into law earlier this month via his $1.2 trillion so-called infrastructure bill. Today’s madcap left-wing fantasy is tomorrow’s statute.

Similarly, if green card holders can vote in city—and perhaps state—elections, then who will tell illegal aliens that they cannot pick the leaders who make the rules for them, their families, friends, and neighbors? Why not simply hand ballots to all adults (or maybe minors over age 16) who can reach their local precincts—or complete absentee ballots at home?

Illegal aliens now get free health care, free education, and free plane tickets to their destinations of choice. Why not give them ballots, too? Insane? Give it a few years.

And, of course, a President Pete Buttigieg would give illegal aliens free Uber rides to the polls.

For now, the distinction between “noncitizens” and “foreign citizens” voting in U.S. elections is bigger than it sounds. Using the latter expression describes this dreadful idea accurately and exposes its immorality and outrageousness—before things decay even further.

They wouldn't be the first place that allowed it :yeshrug::jbhmm:

2. Pressure

Pressure #PanthersPosse Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    CookoutGang
    Coli Cash:
    $2083019850.75

Fearmongering

3. Cynic

Cynic Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $326176.00

Descendants of illegal aliens bytching about illegal aliens.

4. DEAD7

DEAD7 Veteran Hall of Fame Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Fresno, CA.
    Coli Cash:
    $209697.90

Let them vote...
    ...relax immigration restrictions while you're at it.:ehh:

Amazon workers (and others) keep striking... let them Haitians refugees:eat:. I need my sh*t delivered on time.

5. OfTheCross

OfTheCross Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

I think the author is ADOS

6. OfTheCross

OfTheCross Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Do you believe all borders should be open, generally speaking

Geek Nasty dapped this.
  7. Godless Liberal CEO

Godless Liberal CEO Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $225500.00

Are we doing these weirdo very obvious right wing fear mongering threads again?

8. Secure Da Bag

Secure Da Bag Veteran

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $510.00

I don't agree with illegal immigrants voting in federal or local elections.

ThrobbingHood, ill, Hoodoo Child and 3 others dapped this.
  9. Wargames

Wargames One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    New York City
    Coli Cash:
    $578000.00

Yang about to win the next mayor election if they pull this.

10. storyteller

storyteller Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NYC
    Coli Cash:
    $244500.00

This would only extend to legal permanent residents? This article (link below) puts a positive spin and actual has links to the bill itself, I assume the original article posted didn't do that because it wanted to make "illegal" a point of emphasis...

Will NYC Expand Voting Rights To Some Immigrants? Not With Mayor de Blasio’s Help

Here...
    The New York City Council - File #: Int 1867-2020

It's stated pretty plainly, "The bill would provide a process for lawful permanent residents in New York city to vote in municipal elections."

And back to that first article I've linked, it seems that they did this with essential workers in mind,

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    Miles Davis, 88m3, Wargames and 4 others dapped this.
  11. ORDER_66

ORDER_66 Hellcat Season 2022

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Queens,NY
    Coli Cash:
    $239073.00

:francis: horrible

12. Godless Liberal CEO

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $225500.00

That’s great, let’s keep this kind of stuff in TLR where it belongs. It’s no different than the right wing hyper anti immigrant stuff that pops up there

88m3 dapped this.
  13. Godless Liberal CEO

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $225500.00

I do enjoy how OP’s love of “states rights” only applies to southern states with oppressive policies that are racist in nature and of course his love for hyper regressive conservative policies that only make things worse.

then just frames this stuff as “hey I’m just asking questions”. Transparent as fukk

14. Spatial Paradox

Spatial Paradox All Star Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Brooklyn
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

This part of the article is flat out wrong.

Statelessness

The reasons it happens varies, but people can and do end up being non-citizens all of the time. There's millions of them around the world.

15. DEAD7

DEAD7 Veteran Hall of Fame Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Fresno, CA.
    Coli Cash:
    $209697.90

I do, in conjunction with abolishment of many federal safety nets.
    If we are going to give/guarantee everyone on American soil xyz then obviously we can't let any and every one on American soil.