New York doctor diagnosed with Ebola; health officials seek out those in contact

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Health and New York City officials were trying Friday morning to follow the trail of a young emergency room doctor who traveled about the city for three days before being hospitalized for the Ebola virus.

The doctor, Craig Spencer, a member of Doctors Without Borders who had been working in Guinea, returned six days ago and reported Thursday morning coming down with a 100.3-degree fever and diarrhea. He was being treated in an isolation ward at Manhattan's Bellevue Hospital, a designated Ebola center.

In the days before Spencer fell ill, he went on a 3-mile jog, went to the High Line park, rode the subway and, on Wednesday night, got a taxi to a Brooklyn bowling alley. Bassett said he felt fatigued Wednesday but not feverish until Thursday morning.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/10/24/ebola-fear-epidemic-in-us-official-says/

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits

Ted Cruz staffer

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The quarantines aren't like what you think. They just tell you to stay home and not leave but they don't really enforce whether or not you come or go

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
The quarantines aren't like what you think. They just tell you to stay home and not leave but they don't really enforce whether or not you come or go
Hmm, that's right because you aren't under arrest. You are legally free to go everywhere. Doesn't mean you are going to walk into a crowded restaurant. You could just want to walk around a forest with no people just to get fresh air. And preventing that could be seen as kidnapping, i.e. you were not free to leave.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I wonder how he was feeling while bowling.

Hmm, I feel like I have the same symptoms as all those Africans who tested positive for ebola.... aw well... maybe it was just the dinner I ate. I need to finish off these last two frames though...<sneeze> <cough> <wipes saliva and mucous on rental bowling ball>

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Six days, brahs. :lupe:
If there are a bunch of people in New York City with high temps and diarrhea going to Bellevue Hospital this Monday and Tuesday, WHO and CDC are going to call it an official outbreak. Man, I got peoples in Brooklyn and northern New Jersey. :dahell:
It's going to put a damper on the first official day of the 2014 NBA season.