New York Holiday Advice, I got a good deal but no idea what to do

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
I got a deal on a hotel 5 days 4 nights. I want to see just how tall those buildings are, wall Street, have a pizza, brooklyn bridge, central park, get in a yellow taxi then possibly go on a proper tour to learn some of the history

Am I missing anything? probably loads, what else should I do. Also I'm thinking to extend the trip to maybe 2 weeks, anywhere else worth seeing that's not too far?

Also I can book this trip any time in the next 12 months. I'm thinking September time. Hopefully the weather is reasonable

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Go uptown to Harlem. Tell em that I sent cha.

nah fr go to Harlem, lots of cool cultural shyt up there

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Depends on what season you come and what scenes you're into, there's more than enough to fill your time.

I mean, clearly you're into super touristy shyt so

a museum, park, couple of nightclubs (what crowds do you prefer?), nice restaurants, a festival or two? Take your pick

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
Depends on what season you come and what scenes you're into, there's more than enough to fill your time.

I mean, clearly you're into super touristy shyt so

a museum, park, couple of nightclubs (what crowds do you prefer?), nice restaurants, a festival or two? Take your pick

Ouch lol I'm not all about super touristy shyte. I just want to see what the hype is about

Not a fan of museums but I'm sure my sister will insist. We don't drink so clubs are out of the question.

I'm low maintenance when it comes to holiday but we only have a few days so I want to at least have a clue. If your sister came over from another state where would you recommend? Also I'm thinking of extending our stay, where should we go in the east coast or is 2 weeks not enough?

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Ouch lol I'm not all about super touristy shyte. I just want to see what the hype is about

Not a fan of museums but I'm sure my sister will insist. We don't drink so clubs are out of the question.

I'm low maintenance when it comes to holiday but we only have a few days so I want to at least have a clue. If your sister came over from another state where would you recommend? Also I'm thinking of extending our stay, where should we go in the east coast or is 2 weeks not enough?

It wasn't a diss, my fault.

Two weeks is more than enough time. I'd highly recommend a museum though, the ones here aren't typical stuffy places. BK's always good especially Thursday and Saturdays, MoCaDa, I like the Studio Museum in Harlem (it's very small so don't expect to spend more than an hour, tops), The Bodies Exhibit, South Street Seaport, Museum of Sex. Harlem's got a rich history of course, you can go see where Malcolm got popped (Audobon Ballroom), Strivers Row.

There's some poetry downtown (rolled my eyes typing that)

Lounges, I'd highly recommend attending a random concert at a nice venue (Le Poisson Rouge >life), bands are always a good look. There also should be a day party or two Home

Brooklyn Bowl is fun.

I'd also highly recommend you try to catch a musical. Yes it sounds corny but there are a lot of good ones out (The Color Purple for example).

As far as other cities, Philly's a short ride away - Baltimore has a lovely harbor and Af Am museum, I also had fun in DC.

Or you could visit Newark (jk) - rich culture, broke negus

http://www.timeout.com/newyork