New York Times FINALLY discusses the death of downtown NYC; but won't explain WHY!

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This is really dumb advice. A mortgage is stability renting is not. Some people's rent went up $300 or more per month in the last year. Meanwhile I can control my mortgage payment and lower it. Some people in two bedroom apartments are paying in rent what my mortgage is on my 4 bedroom home. And within 2 years that will be the case for 1 bedroom apartments in my city. shyt is sad.
I didn't say you shouldn't buy a home. Or encourage renting at any point. I'm speaking on homes being over priced...

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
these property prices are not sustainable. i'm telling brehs to start thinking out the box about home ownership

especially if we continue to have more remote jobs. fukk slaving for a mortgage.
People finna be living in motorhomes..

I worked with someone who lived in his class b motorhome
Best-Class-B-Motorhomes.jpeg

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
I didn't say you shouldn't buy a home. Or encourage renting at any point. I'm speaking on homes being over priced...
Temporary bubble, them prices coming back down because people aren't moving around anymore like they did when the pandemic popped off. Folks were fleeing expensive cities for areas with lower cost of living so they can keep their high paying salaries and live cheaper. That planned backfired on a lot of them tho lol. Now rent is a whole another story. Corporate landlords want to make up for lost revenue in 2020 due to free rent and they are out for blood. Hence everyone's rent going up by 100's of dollars